Caesar Salad with Cannellini Beans and Avocado – healthy, vegetarian salad. Creamy, rich Cannellini Beans are a great, gluten-free alternative to bread croutons!
I love white beans in salads – and they are a great addition to the Romaine lettuce salad with classic Caesar dressing. So good! Everybody raved about this recipe, even the kids! While this salad wins the prize of being everyone’s favorite, it is extra special for those of us on gluten free diet, because it is gluten free (just make sure the Caesar salad dressing you use is gluten free)!
I think what makes this salad especially delicious is the creaminess of everything: avocados, cannellini beans, Caesar dressing. The salad is rich in natural fats, fiber, protein, and makes a great lunch or even a full meal!
- Use cannellini beans (from the can) or other cooked white beans.
- Use store-bought Caesar salad. Make sure it’s labeled gluten free if you are on gluten free diet. If you want to make it from scratch, here are 2 great recipes: this Caesar salad dressing is without anchovies and this one is with anchovies.
- Buy a block of Parmesan cheese and shred it yourself. Freshly shredded cheese is so good!
- Use grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Other salads with avocados
If you love avocados as much as I do, here are my other favorite salad recipes.
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Mango, Avocado, Blueberries, and Cashew Nuts
- Avocado Salad with Tomatoes, Mozzarella, and Basil Pesto
- Apple Cranberry Spinach Salad with Pecans, Avocados and Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 head romaine lettuce , torn into bite-size pieces
- 15 oz cannellini beans , from the can, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado , sliced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
- 1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing (use gluten-free labeled)
- Combine lettuce (torn into small pieces), beans (rinsed and drained), sliced avocado and the cheese in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing, and serve immediately.