Blackberry tart recipe
I once had way too many fresh blackberries (and they were not even that sweet), and this blackberry tart was a perfect recipe to use them all to bring out the best in berries! The tart turned great, with fresh berries bursting in color and flavor in all of their glory, and with the lemon zest adding just the right amount of “oomph”.
This blackberry tart becomes even more exceptional when served warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!
- Tart crust (9 inch)
- 5 cups fresh blackberries (not frozen)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon butter, cold, chopped thinly
- 1 or 2 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit.
- Prebake the 9 inch or 9.5 inch tart crust at 400 Fahrenheit for 20 or 30 minutes according to detailed instructions here. Let the tart shell cool slightly.
- In a bowl, toss 4 cups of blackberries, sugar, flour, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Spoon this mixture into the cooled tart shell. Top with the remaining 1 cup of blackberries. Sprinkle 1 or 2 tablespoons white sugar over the berries, and then sprinkle thinly chopped cold butter on top, too.
- Place the tart on a rimmed baking sheet (to catch any juices) and bake for 30-40 minutes until filling starts to bubble. If crust starts to brown too much, place a piece of aluminum foil over the tart.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
use 9 inch or 9.5 inch tart pan
From December 15 to 24, 2014, you can enter a $100 VISA GIFT CARD GIVEAWAY (brought to you by American Beverage Association and BlogHer)! CLICK HERE FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!