Spicy sweet potato fries with bacon - so easy to make. These thinly sliced sweet potatoes are sprinkled with smoked paprika, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and cumin and then baked in the oven. Mix them with cooked bacon and serve with spicy mayo or Ranch dressing!
This sweet potato fry recipe makes a wonderful side dish (or an appetizer). I've been enjoying it so much lately. So easy to make! Prep takes about 15 minutes and baking time is 20 minutes. I prefer these spicy sweet potato fries over regular fries.
These sweet potato fries are spicy, tossed in paprika, red chili powder, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, and even cumin (optional). They are baked to perfection and topped with freshly cooked bacon chopped in small bites. Sprinkle a little bit of mayo or a Ranch dressing to make these potato fries completely over the top!
Other sweet potato recipes
- Mashed sweet potatoes with butter, maple syrup, cinnamon and Montreal steak seasoning – a perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors!
- Baked Chicken Thighs and Sweet Potatoes with Spinach and Creamy Sauce - easy, gluten free recipe where the sweet potatoes are the star ingredient - perfect for skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs.
- Sweet Potato Fries, Spinach, Bacon, and Egg Salad - with mayo-based dressing or Ranch dressing. So good!
Spicy Sweet Potato Fries with Bacon
Baked sweet potato fries:
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel the sweet potato, slice in somewhat thin strips (they don't have to be too thin). In a large bowl, toss with spices and 3 tablespoons of olive oil. Spread in one layer on aluminum foil lined baking sheet, without crowding (there should be space between any two potato fries).
- Bake in the upper rack of the oven for about 20 minutes. Remove and let cool on wire rack.
- Just like all potato fries, these are best served right out of the oven - that's when they are at their crispiest. To serve, sprinkle with extra cayenne pepper and extra garlic salt (or regular salt), if desired. Sprinkle with chopped green onions or chives. Serve mayo (spiced up or plain) or Ranch serving as a dip (optional).
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.