Strawberry Spinach Salad with Bacon and Toasted Almonds - great Summer recipe! The simple dressing is made by combining olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and some brown sugar.
This easy-to-make salad that has a perfect combination of savory and sweet: strawberry spinach salad with bacon, feta cheese, and toasted almonds in a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette.
Spinach and strawberries pair perfectly with a sweet balsamic vinegar dressing, made with only 3 ingredients: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar.
I like to add feta cheese and toasted sliced almonds AFTER the dressing is mixed in because it helps keep the feta cheese white in color and prevents toasted almonds from getting soggy.
If you enjoy spinach and strawberries in a salad, try these recipes, as well:
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Mango, Avocado, Blueberries, and Cashew Nuts
Strawberry, Spinach, and Quinoa Salad
Quinoa Salad with Spinach, Strawberries, Blueberries, Peaches, and Mandarin Oranges
Strawberry Spinach Salad with Bacon and Toasted Almonds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt to taste (optional)
- 10 oz spinach , fresh (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 3 cups strawberries , cleaned and hulled, sliced
- ¼ cup almonds , slivered and toasted
- ⅓ cup feta cheese , crumbled
- 8 slices bacon , cooked and chopped
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together well. Add salt to taste, if desired. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the feta cheese and almonds.
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss.
- Sprinkle feta cheese and toasted sliced almonds on top of the salad or on top of each serving.
- NOTE: I like to add feta cheese and toasted sliced almonds AFTER the dressing is mixed in because it helps keep the feta cheese white in color and prevents toasted almonds from getting soggy.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
I made this delicious Strawberry Spinach Salad for a beach gathering and all enjoyed! I'm making it again tomorrow and can't wait to have it on Sunday at our next beach gathering!
Karen, so glad you tried this recipe and enjoyed it! Thank you for the 5-star review - I really appreciate it! 🙂
What kind of olive oil?
Our new favorite summer Salad! So delicious and I don't change a thing.
Thank you, Lindy! So happy to read comments like yours! 🙂
Wonderful. Very easy,my kids loved it.
Thank you, Linda! 🙂 I am glad your family liked it! 🙂
This salad was delicious. Loved by whole family. Yummy!
Jess | Dreaming of Leaving
This salad recipe looks so yummy that I just had to feature it in my "Sensational Summer Salads" roundup! Come check it out when you have a chance 🙂 xo http://dreamingofleaving.com/2016/05/10/sensational-summer-salads/