Strawberry, quinoa, spinach and cashew salad with a homemade honey-mustard balsamic vinegar dressing. It's a delicious Summer salad, made with healthy and clean ingredients!
When it's Summer, I love to combine strawberries and spinach in a salad. I did it in this strawberry spinach salad with bacon, feta cheese, and toasted almonds, I also made a delicious strawberry and spinach salad with mango and avocado.
This salad is vegetarian, gluten free, and dairy free!
To make the salad, combine baby spinach, sliced fresh strawberries, chopped peaches, chopped green onions, chopped bell pepper, cashews, and cooked quinoa. Perfect combination of sweet and savory flavors in a salad.
Note: If you remove quinoa, this healthy salad becomes paleo-friendly.
If you do like quinoa however, here is another delicious recipe that combines spinach, strawberries and quinoa in a vibrant Summer salad with lots of berries and fruit: quinoa salad with spinach, strawberries, blueberries, peaches, and mandarin oranges.
The honey-mustard balsamic dressing is homemade, very basic and so delicious! To make the dressing, in a large bowl combine ¼ cup olive oil with 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar and 2 tablespoons of honey. Then add ½ teaspoon of garlic powder, ½ teaspoon of mustard powder and 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
Whisk everything well until emulsified. Alternatively, add all the dressing ingredients to a glass jar, close with a lid, and shake vigorously until well-emulsified.
Feel free to add more honey if you like your salad dressing on the sweeter side!
Tip: Add the dressing to the salad only when you're ready to serve it, otherwise the salad will wilt really fast.
Strawberry, quinoa, spinach and cashew salad
Honey Mustard Balsamic Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz baby spinach fresh, chopped (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 4 cups strawberries , sliced (cleaned and hulled)
- 1 ½ cups quinoa , cooked
- 1 cup peaches , finely chopped
- 4 green onions , chopped
- 1 red bell pepper , chopped
- ⅓ cup cashews
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together well. Add salt and pepper to taste. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the cashew nuts. Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Sprinkle cashew nuts on top of the salad.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.