Spinach salad with strawberries and toasted almonds with a simple homemade balsamic salad dressing. Simple Summer salad. Nothing complicated. Only 3 ingredients for the salad, and 3 ingredients for the salad dressing.
It's hard to say good bye to the Summer, and I still have some strawberries left in the refrigerator. Couldn't think of any better way to use them than to throw them into this simple spinach salad with strawberries and toasted almonds.
How to make strawberry spinach salad
To make the salad, just combine spinach leaves in a large bowl with sliced fresh strawberries (cleaned and hulled).
Make the salad dressing in a separate bowl by combining olive oil, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar and whisking until emulsified. Or, you can add all these salad dressing ingredients to a glass jar, close it with the lid, and then shake it vigorously to emulsify the dressing in this way.
Do not add all of the salad dressing into the salad at once. Add just enough to coat. Only then top with toasted slivered almonds.
Tip: I like to add toasted sliced almonds AFTER the dressing is mixed in because it prevents toasted almonds from getting soggy.
Spinach and strawberries pair perfectly with a sweet balsamic vinegar dressing, made with only 3 ingredients: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and brown sugar. Simplicity at its best!
Other strawberry spinach salad recipes
Spinach salad with strawberries and toasted almonds
Balsamic salad dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- salt , to taste (optional)
- 10 oz baby spinach fresh (about 10 cups of torn leaves)
- 3 cups strawberries , cleaned and hulled, sliced
- ¼ cup almonds , slivered and toasted
- In a medium bowl, combine the dressing ingredients, and whisk together until emulsified. Add salt to taste, if desired. You can serve the dressing immediately or you can cover it and chill for an hour.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients, except the almonds. Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Do not add all of the dressing at once - add just enough to coat. Sprinkle toasted sliced almonds on top of the salad or on top of each serving.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.