Oyster mushrooms, garlic, and green onions saute - Paleo, Gluten Free recipe.
I've discovered oyster mushrooms several years ago and have been regularly cooking with them since then. Their flavor and texture are amazing. They are versatile and filling: I could eat 2 servings of this recipe for dinner and not go hungry. Oyster mushrooms sauteed with garlic and green onions are also a great side dish for grilled steak, or they can be mixed with pasta or rice, or cooked as part of rice risotto.
I love this recipe because it uses fresh, good-for-you ingredients, such as vegetables, and garlic (which has antioxidant, anti-cancer, anti-microbial properties). Here is a great article on the benefits of garlic. These sauteed oyster mushrooms are vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, paleo-friendly.
Oyster mushrooms, garlic, and green onions saute (Paleo, Gluten Free)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound oyster mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat until hot but not smoking. Immediately add mushrooms and garlic, and saute for 2-3 minutes, regularly stirring with spatula. After 2-3 minutes of sauteing, reduce heat a bit and sprinkle the mushrooms with a little bit of salt, stir to mix, cover with the lid and continue to cook the mushrooms for another 5-7 minutes, occasionally stirring, until they soften and release some juices. Having the lid on will allow mushrooms generate some moisture and not get burned. Mushrooms should be cooked for a total of 7-10 minutes.
- If there is too much liquid in the pan, cook for 1-2 more minutes uncovered, on medium heat, to let extra moisture evaporate.
- When mushrooms are completely cooked, add half of chopped green onions to the mushrooms, mix and season the mushrooms with salt and pepper.
- When serving, top each serving with the remaining chopped green onions.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.