Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Pecan Sauce – delicious Autumn pancakes smothered with caramel sauce and chopped pecans. Alternatively, you can use dulce de leche.
I love weekends for many reasons, especially because that’s when I have time to make something special for breakfast, such as these pumpkin pancakes with caramel sauce and pecans. I am using a tested recipe for pumpkin pancakes and dressing them up a bit with a good caramel sauce – it’s such a tasty and pretty combination, and it’s perfect for a Thanksgiving breakfast or brunch!
With the caramel sauce dripping along the sides of pancakes, you’ll definitely want to lick your plate. Caramel + pecans + pumpkin do go really well together! Taking these photos was not an easy task – I had to exercise a lot of self-restraint.
This is such a gorgeous breakfast, and very easy to make too, if you use the right kind of store-bought caramel sauce or dulce de leche sauce.
Other pumpkin breakfast recipes
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Bread with Apples
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples
Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Pecan Sauce - these delicious Autumn breakfast pancakes are perfect for the holiday season (Thanksgiving and Christmas). Alternatively, you can use dulce de leche sauce.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour , sifted and aerated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce or dulce de leche
- 1/2 cup pecans , chopped
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined, and the mixture is of even consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg – mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Heat up a griddle to medium heat, grease lightly if necessary. Use 1/4 measuring cup to ladle each pancake on the griddle. Cook until golden brown, flip to the other side, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
Serve pumpkin pancakes drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with chopped pecans. Alternatively, serve them with dulce de leche.