Pasta with Garlic Roasted Tomatoes, Bacon, and Mozzarella - delicious and colorful recipe. Perfect for Summer!
What makes this pasta so special is that first you're roasting cherry tomatoes with garlic, olive oil, and oregano. Then, you add all this goodness, including all the delicious drippings from the pan where you roasted the tomatoes, to the pasta and bacon. The pasta gets soaked with the juices from roasted tomatoes and garlic and becomes so flavorful!
This recipe uses cherry or grape tomatoes with Mozzarella cheese. I love this combination and made two other recipes using both of these ingredients, such as this Avocado Salad with Basil Pesto, Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Tomato Avocado Salad with Mozzarella and Basil with Balsamic Dressing.
How to roast tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line the 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil.
- Use cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, of various colors, each sliced in half.
- Arrange tomato halves, cut sides up, in the baking pan.
- Sprinkle with oregano, garlic, and salt. Drizzle with the ¼ cup olive oil.
- Roast tomatoes, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown and shriveled.
- Pre-bake the bacon in the oven. Drain it on paper towels and chop bacon into small pieces.
- Use small tomatoes, such as cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes.
- Use short pasta, such as rigatoni or penne.
- To make the recipe gluten free use gluten free brown rice pasta.
Pasta Salad with Bacon, Tomatoes, and Mozzarella
Pasta and other ingredients
- 16 oz spiral pasta (use gluten free brown rice spiral pasta for gf version)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ teaspoon black pepper , cracked
- 8 ounces mozzarella (small fresh mozzarella balls or cubed fresh mozzarella)
- 8 strips bacon , cooked, chopped
- ½ cup basil fresh, snipped, or use 1 teaspoon of dried basil
How to roast tomatoes in the oven
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line the 15x10x1-inch baking pan with foil. Arrange tomato halves, cut sides up, in the baking pan. Sprinkle with oregano, garlic, and salt; drizzle with the ¼ cup olive oil. Roast tomatoes, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown and shriveled. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain. In a large bowl whisk together the ⅓ cup olive oil, the balsamic vinegar, and pepper. Add warm pasta to bowl; toss to coat.
- Add roasted tomatoes and any drippings from the pan, the mozzarella, cooked bacon, and basil to the pasta. Toss to combine. Serve at room temperature.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.