Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole with shredded hash brown potatoes, broccoli, cheddar cheese, sausage and eggs. Everything you want to have for breakfast in one easy casserole! Very easy to make, and it's gluten free!
This Hash Brown, Broccoli, Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole is so easy to make. Just assemble everything in a medium size casserole dish and bake! I love all the cheesy goodness, sausage and broccoli - perfect combination of flavors!
Below are step-by-step photos illustrating how to make this easy sausage and egg breakfast casserole. You will use 2 pans: a large skillet (to cook sausage in and combine all ingredients in) and a baking pan (to bake everything in the oven). The photos are pretty much self-explanatory and the breakfast casserole recipe is super easy. If you have any questions, just ask in the comments section below!
How to make Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole:
First, cook sausage and chopped onion until sausage is completely cooked:
Then, add cooked broccoli, hash brown potatoes, Cheddar cheese, Mozzarella cheese:
Put half the sausage mixture from the skillet into the lightly greased casserole pan, top with half the egg mixture (eggs + heavy cream + black pepper):
Add the remaining half of the sausage mixture on top and pour the remaining egg mixture:
Bake at 375 F in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes, until the eggs are set in the middle and are no longer runny. This is what the sausage and egg breakfast casserole should look like right out of the oven:
Enjoy a slice of this delicious breakfast casserole!
Hash Brown, Broccoli, Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb pork sausage , regular
- 1 onion , medium, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 2 cups broccoli florets , steamed or cooked and drained
- 4 cups hash browns , frozen, raw, uncooked, completely defrosted
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter , melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- In a large skillet, cook pork sausage together with finely chopped onions on medium heat until the sausage is cooked through and is no longer pink.
- Add shredded cheddar cheese, shredded mozzarella cheese, and broccoli florets (steamed or cooked and drained) to the sausage mixture and mix them in. Add hash browns and mix them in.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs, heavy cream, and black pepper.
- Use 2.8 L (3 quarts) rectangular baking dish - 11 inches long x 8.5 inches wide x 3 inches deep. Brush the bottom and the sides of the baking pan with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
- Add half the sausage mixture to the baking pan, and pour half of the egg mixture over the sausage mixture, carefully and evenly. Add the remaining half of the sausage mixture on top, and pour the remaining half of the egg mixture evenly over the sausage mixture.
- Bake, uncovered for about 40-50 minutes. The casserole is ready when the eggs are set and no longer liquid in the center. Let the dish cool for about 30 minutes before slicing it.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.