Chicken Spaghetti with Burrata Cheese, Cherry Tomatoes, and Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce is a comfort food dinner that a whole family will love! Cherry tomatoes are roasted in olive oil and garlic, the chicken is seasoned with paprika. The pasta is tossed in a lemon butter garlic sauce and topped with a lot of chopped fresh basil. Toasted pine nuts are sprinkled on top. This colorful and vibrant pasta looks sophisticated enough for a weekend dinner and is simple enough to make on a regular weeknight.
Chicken Spaghetti with Burrata
If you're looking for a light, refreshing dinner then look no further!
- This pasta is full of vegetables (cherry tomatoes) with plenty of fresh herbs (basil), fresh lemon flavor, and butter.
- I made this with spaghetti, but any type of long pasta will work, including fettuccine, bucatini, and angel hair pasta.
- If you're used to having burrata only as an appetizer, think again. Add this delicious cheese to pasta, and you have melt-in-your-mouth cheesy goodness over the flavorful spaghetti and roasted cherry (or grape) tomatoes.
- The chicken is generously seasoned with smoked paprika and adds plenty of flavor on its own.
How to make chicken spaghetti with burrata (process shots)
Toss cherry (or grape) tomatoes with olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper, and roast on a baking sheet in the preheated oven at 400 F.
Season the chicken breasts with smoked paprika and Italian seasoning and cook on medium heat until the chicken is cooked through.
Make a simple lemon garlic butter sauce by cooking together Meyer lemon slices, butter, and garlic.
Add cooked spaghetti to the lemon butter garlic sauce. Mix everything well and then remove the lemon slices from the pasta.
Toast the pine nuts in the preheated oven at 350 F briefly, for only 5 minutes. Watch the oven carefully - these precious nuts can burn quickly.
Finally, toss everything together: roasted cherry tomatoes, lemon butter garlic spaghetti, paprika chicken. Top with burrata cheese, chopped fresh basil leaves, and pine nuts.
Recipe Notes and Cooking Tips
- Use colorful cherry or grape tomatoes. In this recipe, I used red and yellow cherry tomatoes. This adds vibrancy and color to your dish.
- Seasoning for the chicken. Use Italian seasoning or Herbs from Provence. I used a blend that contained dried herbs such as thyme, parsley, tarragon, rosemary, marjoram, and basil.
- Bring Burrata cheese to room temperature before adding to the pasta.
- Toast the pine nuts in the preheated oven at 350 F for only 5 minutes. Watch the oven carefully - the nuts can burn quickly. Toasted pine nuts acquire a beautiful color and crunch.
- Type of pasta to use. This recipe works well with long pasta, such as spaghetti, fettuccine, and bucatini. You can also use angel hair pasta or pappardelle.
Additions and substitutions
- This is a great recipe to use leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken. Just throw it together with the pasta, heat it through, and serve!
- Add veggies. Tomatoes roasted in olive oil and garlic add a ton of flavor to this pasta. You can also use regular tomatoes (without roasting them first), sun-dried tomatoes, or mushrooms.
- Add more cheese. This recipe calls for 8 oz of Burrata. You can easily double that amount if you like.
- Make it spicy. Add red pepper flakes when you toss pasta with the butter sauce if you like your food spicy.
- Serving size. The recipe makes a total of 4 servings.
Other chicken pasta recipes
If you like chicken pasta that features plenty of vegetables and is colorful and vibrant, try these recipes next:
- Chicken Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Pine Nuts
- Chicken Ravioli with Basil Pesto and Veggies (Asparagus and Tomatoes)
- Chicken and Bacon Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes in Garlic Cream Sauce
Chicken Spaghetti with Burrata and Lemon Butter Garlic Sauce
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ⅓ cup pine nuts lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Toss cherry tomatoes, sliced in half, with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Spread on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, without overcrowding. Roast for about 20 minutes while you prepare the pasta.
- This recipe uses 1.5 lb of chicken breasts which usually means 2 large chicken breasts. Make sure to use thinly sliced chicken breasts. Slice each chicken breast in half horizontally. Season them with salt, smoked paprika, and Italian seasoning.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet until hot. Add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes per each side until it's cooked through. Remove chicken to a plate. Slice it thinly.
- To the same skillet, add lemon slices, minced garlic, butter and cook for a couple of minutes on low-medium heat to release lemon juices and to soften the garlic. Remove from heat.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti according to package instructions. Drain.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the same skillet with lemon slices, garlic, and butter. Mix everything well. Remove lemon slices.
- Top the pasta with cooked sliced chicken and roasted tomatoes.
How to serve it
- When serving, add chicken spaghetti to the plates and divide the burrata cheese among the plates. Top with chopped fresh basil and toasted pine nuts.
- Toast the pine nuts in the preheated oven at 350 F for only 5 minutes. Watch the oven carefully - the nuts can burn quickly.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.