Chicken Spaghetti Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes – easy and delicious way to cook spaghetti with fresh vegetables!
This Chicken Spaghetti has a good variety of fresh ingredients: spinach, tomatoes, basil, garlic. Add chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and good quality olive oil to the mix – and you get a healthy, light, Mediterranean style dinner, packed with vegetables, protein and good oils.
When we think about chicken spaghetti, we usually picture a pasta dish with lots of cream sauce and white cheese. Well, not in this recipe. This is a healthy version of chicken spaghetti but really it tastes like comfort food. It’s one of the most popular recipes on my site – it’s been pinned 1.6 million times and visited by millions of people. I hope you try this Tomato and Spinach Chicken Spaghetti Pasta and see for yourself why it is so popular!
Did I forget to mention that this chicken spaghetti recipe is easy and takes only 30 minutes from start to finish? Not bad for a good-looking dish that tastes like comfort food and looks beautiful thanks to all the colors!
What makes this chicken spaghetti very special is that in addition to fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, and spinach, I also used sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes to add lots of flavor! Once the dish is completely cooked, I highly recommend that you add 3 tablespoons of high quality olive oil to stir into the final dish, off heat. It’s so tasty and so good for you!
By the way this is the ideal recipe for trying out all sorts of artisanal pasta that we often see in the stores: that green spinach pasta, or orangy-looking sun-dried tomato fettuccine, artichoke pasta, you get the idea. All those colorful unusual pastas we see in the stores – this recipe is perfect for trying those out!
I hope you’ll make this easy chicken spaghetti with spinach and tomatoes – a truly Mediterranean dinner!
If you enjoyed this chicken spaghetti recipe, make sure to check out these recipes too:
This chicken spaghetti recipe has lots of fresh ingredients: tomatoes and spinach, as well as comfort food ingredients, such as bacon and chicken. You'll love the flavors of this pasta!
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped, drained of oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil drained from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 lb chicken boneless and skinless (preferably, boneless skinless thighs), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 8 oz spinach fresh
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (use high quality olive oil or oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar)
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, drained from sun-dried tomatoes, to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add chopped chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and prefer to use them, but you can use chopped chicken breast, as well), red pepper flakes, and salt over all of the ingredients in the skillet, and cook on medium heat until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic to the skillet with chicken, cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little, and tomatoes release some of their juices. Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt to taste, if needed. Cover with lid and keep off heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain, and add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, add more seasonings (salt and pepper), if desired. Remove from heat.
- At this point, when the pasta and vegetables are off heat, you can add more high quality olive oil, which is really tasty. Or you can add more olive oil from the jar from the sun-dried tomatoes.