Tomato Spinach Chicken Spaghetti – this recipe features pasta, fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil, spinach, garlic, and olive oil. It’s a great Summer pasta recipe! Easy and quick! Only 30 minutes to make. A fantastic way to prepare chicken pasta using fresh vegetables!
This chicken pasta has a good variety of fresh ingredients: spinach, tomatoes, basil, garlic. Add chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and good quality olive oil to the mix – and you get a healthy and light dinner! So good! This recipe reminds me of tomato spinach shrimp pasta that is also very light and refreshing! This Mediterranean style meal is packed with vegetables, protein and good oils.
Why make this pasta dish
- When we think about chicken pasta, we usually picture a pasta dish with lots of cream sauce and white cheese. Like this chicken and bacon pasta with spinach and tomatoes in garlic cream sauce. This spinach tomato chicken pasta has no cream sauce. It’s a healthy version of chicken pasta. And, it tastes like comfort food.
- This vibrant chicken spaghetti one of the most popular recipes on my site. It has been pinned 1.6 million times and visited by millions of people. I hope you try this Tomato and Spinach Chicken Spaghetti Pasta. See for yourself why it is so popular!
- Did I forget to mention that this pasta recipe is easy to make and takes only 30 minutes from start to finish? Not bad for a good-looking dish that tastes like comfort food! And, it looks beautiful, vibrant and colorful!
What makes this tomato spinach chicken pasta even more special?
- This recipe’s main ingredients are fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, and spinach.
- To make this pasta even more flavorful, I also used sun-dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes! They added so much flavor!
- Once the chicken pasta is completely cooked, I highly recommend that you add 3 tablespoons of high-quality olive oil. Stir it into the final pasta dish, off heat. It’s so tasty and so good for you!
- Use spaghetti, fettuccine, linguine, angel hair pasta, or pappardelle pasta.
- Use skinless and boneless chicken thighs. Or, use skinless and boneless chicken breasts. Chop chicken meat into smaller pieces.
- This is the ideal recipe for trying out all sorts of artisanal pasta that we often see in the stores. Make this recipe with green spinach pasta, or orangy-looking sun-dried tomato fettuccine, artichoke pasta, etc. You get the idea! Use all those colorful unusual kinds of pasta we see in the stores in this recipe!
- Don’t have spinach? Use other greens. Swiss chard or kale will work great in this recipe.
I hope you’ll make this easy tomato spinach chicken spaghetti. It makes a truly Mediterranean dinner!
More chicken pasta with tomatoes
Love tomatoes in your pasta? Try these recipes:
- Chicken Zucchini Pasta with Tomatoes
- Spinach and Artichoke Chicken Pasta with Bacon and Tomatoes in Asiago Cream Sauce
- Pesto Chicken Tortellini with Tomatoes and Asparagus
Amazing chicken pasta recipes with spinach
Do you enjoy pasta with spinach? Take a look at these delicious family-friendly dinners:
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta with Chicken
- Chicken and Bacon Pasta Bake with Spinach Dip
- Creamy Mushroom and Spinach Pasta
- Italian Ravioli with Spinach and Artichokes
This chicken pasta recipe has lots of fresh ingredients: garlic, tomatoes, and spinach. This easy and quick dinner will become a family favorite!
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped, drained of oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil drained from sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 lb chicken boneless and skinless (preferably, boneless skinless thighs), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 8 oz spinach fresh
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (use high quality olive oil or oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar)
Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil, drained from sun-dried tomatoes, to a large skillet, on medium-low heat.
Add chopped chicken. I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and prefer to use them, but you can use chopped chicken breast, as well.
Add red pepper flakes, and salt over all of the ingredients in the skillet.
Cook on medium heat until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Add chopped tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, fresh spinach, and chopped garlic to the skillet with chicken. Cook on medium heat for about 3- 5 minutes until spinach wilts just a little, and tomatoes release some of their juices. Remove from heat.
Taste, and add more salt to taste, if needed. Cover with lid and keep off heat.
Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente.
Drain. Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables.
Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, add more seasonings (salt and pepper), if desired. Remove from heat.
At this point, when the pasta and vegetables are off heat, you can add more high-quality olive oil. It's optional but really tasty! Or you can add more olive oil from the jar from the sun-dried tomatoes.