Asian Vegetable Salad with Chicken and Ginger Sesame Dressing – crunch healthy salad with lots of flavor. Baby spinach, carrots, bell peppers are combined with shredded rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken sliced. Then, the salad is tossed in a delicious dressing made with fresh ginger, soy sauce, honey, and toasted sesame seeds!
Asian vegetable salad with chicken and homemade ginger sesame dressing is a great, easy-to-throw-together salad for those busy weeknights when you want something healthy and fresh for dinner!
When you have too much spinach that you don’t know what to do with, some leftover cooked chicken, and too many other veggies at your disposal – make this salad to utilize all those!
Combine the chicken, spinach, red bell peppers, carrots together with a flavorful, sweet and sour Asian dressing to turn this Asian salad into a restaurant-quality addictive meal! This recipe is healthy, lean, easy-to-make, and it takes only 30 minutes to prepare, at most. Highly recommended!
I love the concept of a chicken salad because it is great for putting any leftover chicken to good use, or utilizing that bland tasting, over-cooked, over-boiled chicken that you don’t want to eat.
Any chicken will work here: boiled, fried, shredded, rotisserie chicken, etc.
All vegetables are finely chopped to ensure that you’re getting a little bit of everything with each bite.
The ginger sesame dressing is out of this world and is very easy to make from scratch if you have basic Asian ingredients in your pantry. When made from scratch, it’s better than anything bottled up! I also love how bright and colorful the salad looks, especially after you apply the dressing!
Asian Vegetable Salad with Chicken and Ginger Sesame Dressing - crunch healthy salad with lots of flavor. Baby spinach, carrots, bell peppers are combined with shredded rotisserie chicken or grilled chicken sliced. Then, the salad is tossed in a delicious dressing made with fresh ginger, soy sauce, honey, and toasted sesame seeds!
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger , chopped or 1/2 teaspoon powder ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil , toasted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds , toasted
- 6 cups baby spinach , washed, and dried
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion , thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds , toasted
- 2 cups chicken , grilled and sliced or shredded rotisserie chicken
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients, except for sesame seeds, and using only 1 tablespoon of soy sauce. Whisk until emulsified. Taste your dressing and add another 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, if desired, to make it saltier. Add 2 tablespoons sesame seeds to the dressing and mix them in.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl, except for 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and chicken. Add the salad dressing to the salad and toss - do not add all salad dressing at once: you might not need all of it. Add just enough salad dressing to coat the salad ingredients.
- Serve the salad in the individual serving bowls and top with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and sliced chicken.