Tomato Asparagus Chicken Pasta
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Tomato Asparagus Chicken Fettuccine Pasta – delicious, healthy dinner. Perfect choice if you are in love with the Mediterranean food! Lots of healthy ingredients: fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, asparagus, and olive oil. And, lots of flavor: garlic, crushed red pepper, basil, sun-dried tomatoes.
This is a perfect Spring and Summer recipe! It’s a healthy pasta dinner that tastes like comfort food. I used garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes to add lots of flavor to this dish. I also recommend that you add 3 tablespoons of high quality olive oil to stir into the final dish, once it’s completely cooked and off heat. It adds a nice kick and adding olive oil in this way is really good for you!
MY OTHER VIDEOS
It’s easy to make this chicken pasta dinner gluten free – all you have to do is use gluten free fettuccine.
I hope you really enjoy this easy chicken pasta recipe!
Tomato Asparagus Chicken Pasta
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped, drained of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, drained from sun-dried tomatoes, or regular olive oil
- 1/2 pound asparagus, ends trimmed, cut in half
- 1/2 pound chicken boneless, skinless (preferably, boneless skinless thighs), chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon and 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (use gluten free pasta for gluten free version)
- (OPTIONAL) 3 tablespoons high quality olive oil or oil from the sun-dried tomatoes jar
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil (drained from sun-dried tomatoes or just use regular olive oil) to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add asparagus (ends trimmed, cut in half), chopped chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and prefer to use them, but you can use chopped chicken breast, as well) to the same skillet, sprinkle red pepper flakes and salt over all of the ingredients in the skillet, and cook on medium heat, occasionally stirring, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, and the asparagus is cooked to your liking (crunchy or crunchy-soft), about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped roma tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, and chopped garlic to the skillet with chicken, cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes until the tomatoes release some of their juices. Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt to taste, if needed. Cover with lid and keep off heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain, and add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, add more seasonings (salt and pepper), if desired. Remove from heat.
- At this point, when the pasta and vegetables are off heat, you can add more high quality olive oil, which is really tasty. Or you can add more olive oil from the jar from the sun-dried tomatoes.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: