Tomato Asparagus Chicken Fettuccine Pasta - delicious, healthy dinner. Perfect choice if you are in love with the Mediterranean food!
Lots of healthy ingredients in this Italian style pasta: fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, asparagus, and olive oil. And, lots of flavor: garlic, crushed red pepper, basil, sun-dried tomatoes.
This Tomato Asparagus Chicken Pasta is a perfect Spring and Summer recipe! It's a healthy pasta dinner that tastes like comfort food. I used garlic, sun-dried tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes to add lots of flavor to this dish. I also recommend that you add 3 tablespoons of high quality olive oil to stir into the final dish, once it's completely cooked and off heat. It adds a nice kick and adding olive oil in this way is really good for you!
It's easy to make this chicken pasta dinner gluten free - all you have to do is use gluten free fettuccine.
I hope you really enjoy this easy chicken pasta recipe!
Tomato Asparagus Chicken Pasta
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped, drained of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil drained from sun-dried tomatoes, or regular olive oil
- ½ pound asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half
- ½ pound chicken boneless, skinless (preferably, boneless skinless thighs), chopped
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta (use gluten free pasta for gluten free version)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (use high quality only) - OPTIONAL
- Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of olive oil (drained from sun-dried tomatoes or just use regular olive oil) to a large skillet, on medium-low heat. Add asparagus (ends trimmed, cut in half), chopped chicken (I used boneless skinless chicken thighs and prefer to use them, but you can use chopped chicken breast, as well) to the same skillet, sprinkle red pepper flakes and salt over all of the ingredients in the skillet, and cook on medium heat, occasionally stirring, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, and the asparagus is cooked to your liking (crunchy or crunchy-soft), about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add chopped roma tomatoes, chopped fresh basil leaves, and chopped garlic to the skillet with chicken, cook on medium heat about 3- 5 minutes until the tomatoes release some of their juices. Remove from heat. Taste, and add more salt to taste, if needed. Cover with lid and keep off heat.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, until al dente. Drain, and add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables. Reheat on low heat, mix everything well, add more seasonings (salt and pepper), if desired. Remove from heat.
- At this point, when the pasta and vegetables are off heat, you can add more high quality olive oil, which is really tasty. Or you can add more olive oil from the jar from the sun-dried tomatoes.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.