Asiago Roasted Broccoli
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Asiago Roasted Broccoli – thinly sliced broccoli florets baked with Asiago cheese on top. Crusty, crunchy, delicious side dish or just a snack to crunch on! Healthy, gluten free recipe. Because broccoli is sliced thinly, the broccoli florets are crunchy and super addictive!
Make sure to slice each broccoli floret horizontally into thin, flat slices, coat them with olive oil and lay in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle salt evenly over all of broccoli, making sure not to miss any (use at least 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more). Sprinkle with black pepper, too. Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated Asiago cheese:
Bake for another 5 or 10 minutes, until the cheese melts:
The broccoli should be slightly browned and very crunchy. Taste and add salt if needed – it’s really important to add enough salt to broccoli for it to taste really delicious. Enjoy!
- 16 oz broccoli florets, sliced horizontally into flat chunks
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Make sure to slice each broccoli floret horizontally into thin, flat slices.
- Coat broccoli with olive oil in a medium bowl, and transfer to the rimmed baking sheet (line it with aluminum foil, if you prefer) in a single layer. Sprinkle salt evenly over all of broccoli, making sure not to miss any (use at least 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more). Sprinkle with pepper, too.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and sprinkle with grated Asiago cheese. Roast for 5 or 10 more minutes, until cheese melts.
- Remove from oven and serve. Broccoli and cheese should be slightly browned and crusty.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: