Healthy quinoa with vegetables
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Healthy quinoa with vegetables: spinach, mushrooms, green onions, red bell pepper, and fresh peach (which adds a nice touch of freshness and sweetness!). This recipe is actually a variation of a quinoa dish I made (and really liked) several days ago.
This recipe works well as a side dish or as an easy quinoa salad. It’s vegetarian, gluten free, low fat and low in carbohydrates. Finely sliced sweet peach contrasts nicely with savory ingredients (quinoa and vegetables). This light and lean recipe is perfect for the Summer!
- 1 pound mushrooms (white or cremini), sliced thinly
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 5 to 10 ounces fresh spinach (to taste)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 peach, chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and saute over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until mushrooms get soft and acquire a nice, golden-brown color. Add chopped green onions, chopped red bell pepper, and mix. Season with salt.
- Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let mushrooms, red bell pepper, and spinach cook for about 1 minute or less, just until spinach begins to wilt. Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to the skillet and cook on low heat for another minute until spinach wilts even more and quinoa warms up. Season with salt, if needed. Mix in chopped peach, if desired
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: