Pan-fried chicken thighs in a creamy bacon sauce with a touch of lemon! Quick and easy recipe for skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs.
If you want an easy chicken recipe with a delicious creamy sauce, with everything cooked in one skillet, these pan-fried chicken thighs in a creamy lemon sauce with bacon is a perfect recipe for you!
Chicken thighs are cooked right in the skillet: first, they are pan-fried skin-side down to get that nice brown color on the outside, then you simmer them in a lemon-chicken broth with bacon for about 20 minutes until they are completely done and cooked. Finally, you’ll add cream and even more bacon. So good!
As it usually is the case with chicken thighs, they are best eaten right after you cook them. I find they get soggy as leftovers, even though they will still be pretty tasty! Just ate some left-over bacon chicken thighs for dinner, and I am not complaining!
Everything is cooked in one skillet. First, pan fry the bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs to get that nice brown color on the outside. Then, simmer them in a lemon-chicken broth with bacon for about 20 minutes until they are completely done and cooked. Finally, add cream and even more bacon. So good!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 8 strips bacon , cooked, fat drained off, and chopped into small chunks - divided
- 1 lemon thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 green onions chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Generously season chicken thighs with salt and pepper - make sure to season under the skin too. Add chicken thighs skin side down to the hot skillet. Cook for about 5-7 minutes on high-medium heat, covered, skin side down, without flipping, checking occasionally, until the skin side is very well browned.
- Remove chicken from the skillet.
- Add minced garlic and a small amount of chicken stock to deglaze the pan and cook the garlic for about a minute. Add the remaining chicken stock (1 cup). Add half the bacon (cooked, fat should be drained off, and chopped into small chunks).
- Add chicken back to the pan, on top of bacon and in the chicken broth. Arrange 5 thin lemon slices around chicken thighs - and cook, simmering, covered, for about 20 minutes, until chicken is done and is no longer pink in the center.
- After chicken is cooked, remove it from the skillet. Remove lemon slices from the skillet - it's very important that you remove them now, do not leave them in for the sauce otherwise it will be too sour. Add 2/3 cup heavy cream to the skillet. Bring to boil and mix everything well, scraping from the bottom. Immediately reduce to simmer, add chicken thighs back to the skillet and reheat.
- To serve, spoon some of the sauce over the chicken thighs, and sprinkle with remaining chopped bacon and chopped green onions.