Red Sangria with Mixed Berries – a light and fruity cocktail drink for the Summer pool parties and cook-outs! This sangria is made with dry red wine, triple sec, brandy, lemon juice and orange juice, and with lots of berries and fruit! You can use fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, oranges, and lemon.
What is sangria
Sangria is an alcoholic beverage. It is usually made with red wine, brandy and other ingredients, such as orange juice, lemon or lime juice. Because sangria is also considered a punch, its ingredient list also includes chopped fruit, citrus and/or berries. Often, it’s served mixed with carbonated beverages, such as club soda, citrus soda pop, etc. Sangria has Spanish origins.
This red sangria with mixed berries is a crowd-pleasing cocktail, just like white sangria with peaches and apples. It’s so easy to make, just throw all the ingredients together (except for carbonated liquid which you will add when serving) and refrigerate for 4 or up to 24 hours!
- If you like your sangria on the sweet side, add sweetener. Use 1/3 cup sugar – it should be dissolved in a small amount of hot water (1/4 cup), cooled, and added to sangria. You can also use honey or agave to sweeten your sangria.
- Don’t have orange juice? Use peach juice, mango juice or pear juice.
- When making sangria with fruit, make sure you allow enough time for fruit to soak. Plan accordingly. Add all the sangria ingredients together (except for carbonated liquid which you will add when serving) and refrigerate for 4 or up to 24 hours!
The red sangria always makes a beautiful presentation with so much colorful fruit and berries together in a bright red cocktail drink!
Red Sangria with Mixed Berries - a fruity Summer cocktail drink. This sangria is made with dry red wine, triple sec, brandy, lemon juice and orange juice, and with lots of berries and fruit! You can use fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, oranges, and lemon. Serve it with carbonated beverage, such as citrus soda pop or club soda for fizz.
- 1 bottle dry red wine (750 milliliter bottle)
- 1/2 cup triple sec
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 7 strawberries sliced
- 1 orange
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/3 cup sugar - it should be dissolved in a small amount of hot water (1/4 cup) and cooled
- 2 cups carbonated beverage sprite or citrus soda pop or club soda or carbonated water for fizz, add only right before serving
- Place all ingredients, including fruit, but excluding carbonated liquid (to be added when serving), in a pitcher and stir to mix. You may leave out some fruit and berries (especially if you have too much of it, and it won't fit with others in the pitcher). Use extra fruit and berries for garnish, or freeze it and use it for ice when serving!
- Refrigerate for 3 or 4 hours (up to 24 hours).
- Right before serving, add your choice of carbonated liquid (sprite, citrus soda pop, club soda, or carbonated water) to sangria. Serve over ice - by adding ice to the glasses (not to the pitcher with sangria). Garnish each glass with extra berries and fruit.