Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples - Autumn breakfast recipe. Pumpkin breakfast pancakes made from scratch topped with apples in cooked in butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract. Lots of Fall flavors in this delicious breakfast!
What do you do when you have too many apples? You make breakfast pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon and brown sugar flavored apple topping, of course! If you thought that pumpkin pancakes with caramel pecan sauce were delicious, wait until you try these pumpkin pancakes with cinnamon and nutmeg spiced apples - so delicious!
To make the apple topping, I am using my recent recipe for sweet cooked apples, which can be easily doubled or even tripled, especially if you happen to have too many of them:
After turning your fresh apples into cooked ones, you might end up with just a few left. I love having fresh apples for a snack during the day!
Pumpkin pancakes + cinnamon and nutmeg and brown sugar cooked apples make a very filling and nutritious breakfast. My favorite Autumn breakfast.
It's a great recipe to make over the weekend when you don't have to hurry and can easily spend 30 minutes to prepare this deliciousness. It's also perfect for the holidays. Who could refuse a stack of pumpkin pancakes covered with delicious apple slices on Christmas morning?
Other breakfast pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Yogurt Pancakes
- Greek Yogurt Pancakes with Berries
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Caramel Pecan Sauce
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- sweet cooked apples
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined, and the mixture is of even consistency.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg – mix well to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
- Heat up a griddle to medium heat, grease lightly if necessary. Use ¼ measuring cup to ladle each pancake on the griddle. Cook until golden brown, flip to the other side, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- Prepare sweet cooked apples according to this recipe. Place 2 or 3 pancakes on each serving plate and top with delicious sweet cooked apples.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.