One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies – boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked with sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes in a delicious basil pesto sauce. Everything is done in one pan, 30 minutes recipe from start to finish!
Chicken deliciously smothered with basil pesto sauce and served along delicious vegetables. Healthy, gluten free, Mediterranean style recipe, packed with fiber (vegetables) and protein (chicken).
This pesto chicken is a perfect meal for the hot days of the Summer – light, packed with veggies, full of bright colors, and so delicious!
Ingredients you’ll need for this Pesto Chicken and Veggies:
chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
Yes, you’ll only need 6 ingredients for this recipe!
Look at all the colorful veggies that go into this dinner:
Quick overview: how to cook pesto chicken:
First, cook boneless, skinless chicken thighs (sliced into thinner strips) with sun-dried tomatoes until the chicken is completely cooked, and coat the chicken with basil pesto:
Add cherry tomatoes to the chicken in the skillet:
Cook the asparagus and combine all the ingredients together:
Delicious Pesto Chicken and Veggies. Sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes in a delicious basil pesto sauce. 30 minutes from start to finish, everything is cooked in one pan. Gluten free, healthy, Mediterranean style recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless and skinless, sliced into strips
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes drained of oil, chopped
- 1 pound asparagus ends trimmed, cut in half, if large
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes yellow and red, halved
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add sliced chicken thighs, season chicken generously with salt, add half of chopped sun-dried tomatoes - and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken and sun-dried from the skillet, leaving oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus cooked through. Remove asparagus to serving plate.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add halved cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.