One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies - boneless, skinless chicken thighs cooked with sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes in a delicious basil pesto sauce. Everything is done in one pan, 30 minutes recipe from start to finish!
Chicken deliciously smothered with basil pesto sauce and served along with delicious vegetables. Healthy, gluten-free, Mediterranean-style recipe, packed with fiber (vegetables) and protein (chicken).
Related Pesto Chicken Recipes:
- Combine basil pesto with thinly sliced chicken, mushrooms, and penne pasta in this delicious Chicken Pesto Pasta with Mushrooms
- To make this Summer Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake all you do is just pile all the ingredients on top of the chicken breasts in a baking dish and then bake everything in the oven.
- Use that tortellini you see in the store all the time. Combine tortellini with chicken, basil pesto, and veggies in this easy Pesto Tortellini with Chicken and Veggies recipe.
This pesto chicken is a perfect meal for the hot days of the Summer - light, packed with veggies, full of bright colors, and so delicious! I love serving this pesto chicken with a fresh Summer salad, and my absolute current favorite is avocado salad with mozzarella and basil pesto. I also highly recommend this amazing beet salad with spinach, goat cheese, and cashews, and a beautiful strawberry spinach salad.
Ingredients you'll need for this Pesto Chicken and Veggies:
- olive oil
- chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- sun-dried tomatoes
- basil pesto
- cherry tomatoes
Yes, you'll only need 6 ingredients for this recipe!
Look at all the colorful veggies that go into this dinner:
How to cook pesto chicken:
First, cook boneless, skinless chicken thighs (sliced into thinner strips) with sun-dried tomatoes until the chicken is completely cooked, and coat the chicken with basil pesto:
Add cherry tomatoes to the chicken in the skillet:
Cook the asparagus and combine all the ingredients together:
One-Pan Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Heat a large skillet on medium heat, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, add sliced chicken thighs, season chicken generously with salt, add half of chopped sun-dried tomatoes - and cook everything on medium heat for 5-10 minutes, flipping a couple of times, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken and sun-dried from the skillet, leaving oil in.
- Add asparagus (ends trimmed), seasoned generously with salt, remaining half of sun-dried tomatoes, and cook on medium heat for 5-10 minutes until the asparagus cooked through. Remove asparagus to serving plate.
- Add chicken back to the skillet, add pesto, stir to coat on low-medium heat until chicken is reheated, 1 or 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Add halved cherry tomatoes, mix with the pesto and the chicken. Add chicken and tomatoes to the serving plate with asparagus.
- Want to make basil pesto from scratch? Here is a super flavorful and creamy 20-Minute Homemade Basil Pesto Recipe.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.