Easy pumpkin pancakes flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger – perfect holiday flavors! Fantastic recipe for the Fall and Winter season, as well as for the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas).
I can’t let the pumpkin season pass by without making at least a single batch of pumpkin pancakes! These easy pancakes are packed with pumpkin puree and spiced up with just the right amount of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Just perfect for the Fall! Imagine serving them for breakfast over Thanksgiving holidays – it will surely make your family very happy.
If you love pumpkin, these will be right up your alley, because the pumpkin flavor really comes through in this recipe! They are so good and full of flavor, you can eat them plain, without any maple syrup! Just with a cup of sweetened coffee or tea. Of course, pouring REAL maple syrup over the pancakes will not hurt either!
They are hearty pumpkin pancakes: moist, light, fluffy, and not overly sweet! A great addition to your rotation of breakfast recipes. And not only in the Fall or on Thanksgiving – but on any day you feel like eating some pumpkin in the morning.
How to make pumpkin pancakes
- Very easy to make: just combine pumpkin, milk, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar – whisk it really well.
- Separately combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and add these dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Experiment with spices – add more of each spice if you want a spicier pancake.
- Cook on the griddle on medium heat: the pancakes puff up nicely. As an added benefit, the house smells really nice while you cook them.
Related pumpkin breakfast recipes
- Pumpkin Waffles
- Pumpkin Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Pumpkin Banana Bread with Apples
- Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Apples
Easy pumpkin pancakes flavored with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger are perfect holiday breakfast pancakes. Perfect Autumn recipe.
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons butter , melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, melted butter, egg, and brown sugar. Whisk until well combined, and the mixture is of even consistency.
In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg – mix well to combine.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and whisk until just combined.
Heat up a griddle to medium heat, grease lightly if necessary. Use 1/4 measuring cup to ladle each pancake on the griddle. Cook until golden brown, flip to the other side, and cook until golden brown on the other side.
Serve with your favorite syrup.