Cilantro Lime Potato Salad – delicious chunks of red potatoes mixed with an amazing, freshly made, salad dressing: olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, minced garlic, chopped cilantro. Healthy, gluten free recipe that will make a great side dish for any meal!
Why does this recipe work?
- This cilantro lime potato salad combines fresh flavors like cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice, and the recipe will bring Summer into your house!
- Adding cilantro and lime turns a boring potato salad into something unique.
- Garlic adds even more flavor.
- It’s easy to make! Just cook the potatoes, and the mix everything together!
- The salad makes a beautiful presentation with all the green from the cilantro and thinly sliced lime.
I love eating potatoes when it’s cold outside. Potato salads just seem so cozy and comforting, and perfect for the Fall and the Winter. Dress up your next potato salad with something new – cilantro-lime garlic salad dressing:
Don’t you think that this salad will make a great Thanksgiving side dish?
When you make the salad, make sure to taste it and add more salt and more lime juice if desired.
Cilantro Lime Potato Salad - turn boring potato salad into something unique! Delicious chunks of red potatoes mixed with freshly made salad dressing: olive oil, freshly squeezed lime juice, minced garlic, chopped cilantro. Healthy, gluten free side dish. Makes a great Summer side for picnics, potlucks, and outside grilling!
- 1 pound red potatoes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves , minced
- 1/2 bunch cilantro , fresh, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice , freshly squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add potatoes and boil until potatoes are cooked: soft and tender, about 15-20 minutes. Make sure to boil potatoes so that they are not too soft and don't fall apart.
- In the mean time, in the small bowl, combine olive oil, minced garlic, chopped cilantro, and lime juice. Mix well.
- When potatoes are cooked, drain water from the pan and let the potatoes cool down a bit (or, rinse them quickly under cold water). Cut cooked and slightly cooled potatoes into 1 inch chunks. Place in a medium bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon salt and carefully mix. Pour the cilantro-lime sauce, and carefully mix. Taste, add more salt (maybe 1/8 teaspoon more) and add pepper if desired. Also, if desired, add more freshly squeezed lime juice.