Chicken and Zucchini Basil Pesto Tortellini - a delicious Mediterranean style recipe with Summer colors and vibes! Zucchini, chicken, cherry tomatoes, and tortellini are all tossed together with basil pesto to create a light Summer dinner.
Basil pesto goes so well with chicken and pasta, and once you add other veggies, such as zucchini and cherry tomatoes, you'll have a very refreshing and colorful dinner! Serve this dinner with Avocado Salad with Basil Pesto, Mozzarella, Tomatoes.
Ingredients you need for Chicken and Zucchini Basil Pesto Tortellini
chicken breast , cut into small slices
red cherry tomatoes , each sliced in half
yellow cherry tomatoes , each sliced in half
How to cook Chicken and Zucchini Basil Pesto Tortellini
Cook tortellini in a large sauce pan of boiling water according to package instructions. Drain.
In a large skillet, cook sliced zucchini, then cook sliced chicken until cooked through.
Add cherry tomatoes (each sliced in half) and cooked tortellini to the skillet with the zucchini and chicken. Add basil pesto and reheat everything gently.
That's it! Your basil pesto tortellini with zucchini and chicken is ready! Easy to make and tastes good!
If you enjoyed this Chicken and Zucchini Basil Pesto Tortellini, you might like these recipes:
Pesto Chicken, Asparagus, and Tortellini
Basil Pesto Tomato Mozzarella Chicken Bake
Pesto Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
Chicken and Zucchini Basil Pesto Tortellini
- 2 cups tortellini uncooked
- 2 tablespoon olive oil , divided
- 1 zucchini , sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast , cut into small slices
- 1 cup red cherry tomatoes , each sliced in half
- 1 cup yellow cherry tomatoes , each sliced in half
- 7 oz basil pesto
- In a large sauce pan, bring water to boil. Add tortellini and cook according to package instructions until cooked. Drain.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat. Add zucchini, sprinkle with a pinch of salt, and cook for about 5 minutes, flipping once, until soft. Remove to the plate.
- To the same skillet, add another tablespoon of olive oil, add chicken slices, sprinkle with salt, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked through and not pink in the center.
- Add cooked zucchini back to the skillet. Add the tomatoes. Add tortellini. Add the pesto and mix everything, reheating gently just to warm up the dish slightly.
- Taste and add salt, if needed.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Excellent! I’ve made this recipe three times now and didn’t change a thing. This was a big hit every time. Thank you for such a simple, yet delicious meal!
Rhonda, I am so happy you enjoyed this recipe! Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your comment! 🙂
My new favorite meal. Delicious and simple! Highly recommend.
I have recently discovered your website and tried this recipe. We all loved it just as the recipe was called for. Am excited to try so many more of your recipes. Thank You
Absolutely delicious!! I did as your recipe called for with the exception of adding a little bit of red onion. This is on the will make again list. Thank you for the post!!!
You're very welcome! So glad you liked it!