Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is the best hotel to stay in Umbria, Italy! The hotel is set in a former monastery, completely surrounded by lush vegetation. It’s an extremely private location with stunning scenery. Even though the abbey is tucked away on top of a slope, you’re only 60 minutes away by car from one of the most iconic cities in Umbria, Assisi.
Are you looking for an extremely private and quiet hotel located in central Italy where you will feel one-on-one with nature? Do you want to feel like you are almost isolated from the world? Are you looking for a hotel that is secluded yet situated only 30 minutes to 1 hour away by car from some major and unique Italian villages?
Do you crave a quiet and romantic getaway in Italy as a couple? Or, are you planning a wedding and wish to have it in a private location?
Then, Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is the perfect hotel! Even though the location of the abbey is private and isolated, the hospitality service is excellent, and you feel like you are at home.
Where is Abbazia San Pietro in Valle?
Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is perched among the mountains, cypress trees, and the lush vegetation of Umbria region. The hotel is well positioned and is close to some major Italian villages.
- Assisi. The Abbey is situated close to Assisi, one of the most famous towns in Italy. It will take you only 1 hour by car (62 km away) to drive from the Abbey to Assisi.
- Terni. The Abbey is also only 23 km (30 minutes by car) away from Terni, an ancient Roman town in Umbria.
- Spoleto. The hotel is also only 24 km (30 minutes by car) away from Spoleto, a beautiful ancient city in Umbria surrounded by vineyards and olive groves.
- On the route between Florence and Rome. The Abbey is also located between Florence and Rome, and it’s a perfect location to visit and explore if you’re traveling across Italy by car.
About Abbazia San Pietro in Valle
- Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is a former monastery converted into a cozy hotel. The Benedictine monks of the abbey used to live in the monastery cells that are currently hotel rooms.
- The hotel has 18 double rooms and 3 suites.
- Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is a great hotel if you seek a location away from crowds and noise. It is also a wonderful location for weddings, anniversaries, or parties.
Entrance to the Abbey
To get to the Abbey, you will drive up a beautiful road with rich vegetation. There are lots of cypress trees all around. The parking for guests is underneath the olive trees.
To check in, enter the hotel reception through the stone arch.
Then, you walk across a wide lawn to the courtyard where the hotel rooms are. The courtyard is where the church is, too.
One of the highlights of staying at The Hotel Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is the private garden on the property. The garden is huge. It’s about a thousand and six hundred square meters. The garden overlooks the wooded hills and the mountains. This is the place where the guests can enjoy the views, bathe in the sun, and sip on a glass of wine.
The Abbey is set among lush vegetation with dramatic views. The abbey is on the top of a very tall slope, surrounded by mountains and wooded valley.
A restaurant is attached to the property, so you don’t have to leave the Abbey for dinner. The food is authentic and delicious, and the service is friendly. We spent several nights at the Abbey and ate mostly at this restaurant. The food was amazing with attentive and friendly service.
Breakfast features a variety of cheeses, cold cuts, freshly baked goodies, natural jams, honey, and more!
Abbazia San Pietro in Valle is an oasis of serenity and quietness. You can hardly hear a noise when you stay there. Only the sounds of nature. The views are breathtaking.
Most of the rooms are former monstery cells. The rooms have high ceilings and stone walls. Each room is unique. Some have a fireplace. Others have lobbies or niches.
All rooms feature antique interior.
The window in the room opens up to the lush greenery and the wooded slopes.
Bathrooms are modern, immaculately clean, and equipped with everything you need.
Why stay at Abbazia San Pietro in Valle in Umbria, Italy
Stay at Abbazia San Pietro in Valle in Umbria, Italy to enjoy the quietness and the solitude! The views around this former monastery are astonishing! The location of the hotel is super private and isolated yet you are only 60 minutes away by car from one of the most iconic cities in Umbria, Assisi.