Peach Cream Cheese Cake
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Peach Cream Cheese Cake made in a springform pan – the light and fluffy cake (made with Greek yogurt), creamy cheesecake filling, delicious peaches, and a crunchy streusel topping!
I love baking with Greek yogurt and avoiding using as much butter as I can get away with. There isn’t too much butter in this cake, yet the texture does not suffer, in fact the Greek yogurt makes the cake lighter and fluffier! You’ll love this pretty cake. Storage tip: keep this cake refrigerated as it has a cream cheese filling.
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold and cubed
Cream cheese filling:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 peaches, sliced into wedges
- half of one peach for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350°F with rack in middle. Line the bottom of a 9x3-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides of the pan with butter or cooking spray.
To make streusel topping:
- Combine the sugar, flour, and butter (chilled and cubed) in a medium bowl. Mix with hands, or fork, or a pastry blender until crumbly. Set in the refrigerator until ready to use.
To make cream cheese filling:
- In a medium bowl, using electrical mixer, beat softened cream cheese and granulated sugar until smooth, for about 30 seconds. Add vanilla extract and an egg, and beat for about a minute more until combined and very smooth. Set aside.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, together into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugar, and 2 eggs until very light in color and fluffy, 2-3 minutes on high speed. Add vanilla and Greek yogurt and continue beating until very creamy and light in color, for about 1 more minute.
- Keeping the mixer speed low, mix in the flour mix until combined. Do not overmix.
- Transfer the cake batter to the springform pan. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on top. Top with sliced peaches. Sprinkle the streusel mixture over the fruit.
- Bake until the cake turns golden, and the tester comes out clean in the center, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on your oven.
- When the cake is done baking, let it cool (still in the baking pan) on a wire rack. After cake has cooled for about 40 minutes, release the cake from the springform pan.
- Slice the remaining one half of the peach into very fine slices, and top your cake with those slices, scraping and putting streusel on top of these slices, for decorating purposes.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: