Mexican Chicken Pasta
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Mexican Chicken Pasta – sliced chicken cooked in Mexican spices, with bell peppers and green chiles, in a creamy sauce made with Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses and spices! You’ll love this easy-to-make comfort food!
If you want a delicious dish packed with Mexican-style flavors and don’t want to slave over in the kitchen, this super easy recipe is for you!
MY OTHER VIDEOS
You’ll start my cooking sliced chicken with spices (cumin, chili powder), and cooking sliced bell peppers and canned green chiles:
Then, you’ll add cooked pasta to the same skillet:
Mix everything in:
Finally, add Cheddar and Mozzarella cheeses, heavy cream and milk, and cook until the sauce is smooth and creamy:
Enjoy this delicious, creamy, Mexican-style pasta:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cumin, divided
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 large bell peppers, different colors, or 8 small bell peppers, cleaned and sliced
- 4 oz diced green chiles
- 8 oz pasta (fettuccine)
- 2/3 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Slice chicken into small bites. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken slices and immediately add half of cumin, half of chili powder and half the amount of salt. Cook for several minutes on high heat, constantly turning, until the chicken is completely cooked through. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add sliced bell peppers. Cook for a couple of minutes until they soften. Add diced green chiles. Add back cooked chicken to the skillet.
- In the meantime, cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the chicken and vegetables. Add heavy cream and milk, bring to boil. Immediately add cheese (cheddar and mozzarella) and mix until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Reduce heat to simmer. Add the remaining half of the spices, and mix to combine. Adjust seasonings, and add more salt, cumin, and chili powder, if needed.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: