While I think pear and prosciutto go together so well as an appetizer that you don’t really need to add anything else, in this recipe I did add pomegranate seeds and spinach to create an actual salad. This salad could be served before dinner; it could be one of the appetizers on your table; or you could have it for lunch.
I am still recovering from my 10 days of travel, so this post will be brief and about fresh and healthy ingredients – exactly what I need after eating out for 10 days.
The salad dressing is simply olive oil with melted honey and balsamic vinegar and the end result is a wonderful, healthy salad full of anti-oxidants.
Spinach salad with pomegranate seeds, pears, and prosciutto
Prep time: 30 min
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 5 cups spinach (4 ounces)
- 1 pear, cored
- 5 to 7 strips prosciutto (5 ounces)
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
makes 5 servings.
1) To make salad dressing: Combine balsamic vinegar, olive oil, honey in a small bowl and mix until emulsified.
2) Place spinach in a large bowl, pour salad dressing over it, toss to combine. You don’t have to pour all of the dressing, use the amount that works for you.
4) Slice pear thinly, tear prosciutto into thin strips.
5) Place spinach onto the serving plates. Top with pear slices, prosciutto strips, pomegranate seeds.
More recipes with pomegranate seeds:
- Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Poppy Seed Dressing
- Butternut Squash & Spinach Salad with Pecans, Cranberries, Pomegranate
- Winter Fruit Salad with Maple-Lime Dressing
- Black cod with balsamic-shallot sauce and mashed potatoes
- Balsamic-braised, caramelized shallots with pomegranate seeds
- Chopped salad with spinach, pomegranate seeds, mango, apples, and pears
- My favorite pomegranates