Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad with Basil Pesto - Healthy, Mediterranean recipe with lots of fresh vegetables. This recipe uses just a few ingredients, it's easy to make, and the salad looks beautiful on the table for so little effort. Use both red and yellow cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes) to add colors!
I love basil pesto. I've used it in so many dinner recipes, like in this pesto chicken and mushroom pasta or this shrimp pesto pasta, or pesto chicken and veggies. The basil pesto makes the simplest of the recipes taste so good. Just like this avocado salad. I pretty much use the basil pesto as the salad dressing here, because the pesto already has olive oil. I just add a little bit of lemon juice, salt and pepper, and that's it! The salad is ready.
I used to make my own basil pesto all the time but these days there are so many good store-made pesto sauces, that I just buy one in the store and use it with my favorite recipes.
If you look at the ingredients list in this avocado salad, there are very few ingredients. But, the salad look super colorful and refreshing because I am combining both red and yellow cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes), avocados, cucumber and then mixing everything with the basil pesto.
This avocado salad is packed with nutrients and flavor!
Tomato Cucumber Avocado Salad with Basil Pesto
- ½ pound red cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ pound yellow cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados , diced
- 1 cucumber , sliced
- ⅓ cup red onion , diced
- ¼ cup basil pesto
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine halved red and yellow cherry or grape tomatoes, diced avocado, sliced cucumber, diced red onion.
- Add basil pesto and lemon juice to the salad and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Use more basil pesto, if desired.
- Want to make basil pesto from scratch? Here is the best, the most flavorful, and the creamiest 20-Minute Homemade Basil Pesto Recipe.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.