Tartlets with Goat Cheese Mousse and Caramelized Plums - delicious, French dessert recipe. Plums are cooked in butter and sugar until caramelized! I want to warn you right away - this is a very rich dessert! Not surprisingly why - goat cheese whipped together with heavy cream and sugar!
I think plums are way overlooked and underused as ingredient. So, to rectify this situation, I made Tartlets with Goat Cheese Mousse and Caramelized Plums. I love plums as a fruit that's somewhat sour, because that allows you to play with flavor, to combine sweet and sour. To make sour as sour or as sweet as you want.
This recipe makes enough tart filling for 2 small tartlets (mini-tart shells 3 inch diameter each). So, because the goat cheese mousse is so rich, you might actually be full from eating just half of that little tartlet. Then, you can finish another half for breakfast next morning!
These Tartlets with Goat Cheese Mousse and Caramelized Plums look so French, don't they?
Great with a cup of tea:
Tartlets with Goat Cheese Mousse and Caramelized Plums
- 2 small tartlets (3 inch diameter each)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 plums
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Make and bake sweet tart crust for small tartlets (3 inch in diameter each) according to my recipe. Let them cool completely.
- Cut each plum in half, remove the pit and slice plums finely. Heat butter in a skillet until sizzling, add plums and sugar and cook for 5 minutes, turning once until plums darken and caramelize. Set the plum mixture aside to cool completely.
- Using mixer, whip heavy cream until well-defined peaks form. Put in the refrigerator.
- Using mixer, whip goat cheese and sugar until well combined and goat cheese softens and becomes creamy. Return unsweetened whipped heavy cream from the refrigerator to the counter. Using spatula, add whipped cream to goat cheese mixture and combine until well incorporated.
- Place goat cheese mousse into each tartlet.
- Top with plum mixture.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.