This colorful and healthy Mango Salsa perfectly combines sweet and savory flavors and takes only 15 minutes to make! Serve it as a simple appetizer or dip with chips, or as a topping with grilled and cooked meats (chicken, steak, pork, and fish). This recipe is packed with fresh mango, cilantro, lime juice, and other delicious ingredients!
The best fruit salsa - made in 15 minutes!
The homemade fresh mango salsa is a crowd-pleaser and the best party food to have in the Summer or year-round.
- Perfect Summer salsa. I love making fruit salsas in the Summer! They are so refreshing and flavorful. Mango salsa goes so well with tortilla chips and grilled chicken and fish!
- Make it year-round. Even though the mango peak season is usually from May through September, you can normally find imported mangoes at most grocery stores all year.
- Healthy recipe. This fresh mango salsa is bursting with colors and flavors! It features lots of fresh and healthy ingredients: red bell pepper, kiwi fruit, green onions, fresh cilantro, freshly squeezed lime juice, and, of course, the star of the show - mango! And, it takes only 15 minutes to make! My other favorite fruit salsa is peach salsa.
- Simple yet fancy. It's simple enough to make on a busy weeknight and fancy-looking for entertaining the guests!
What makes this mango salsa special
- This recipe features 2 types of tropical fruit: mango and kiwi. Both fruits are very nutritious and are not utilized as often in our diets as they should. This colorful and delicious recipe is a perfect way to use these nutrient-rich ingredients.
- Mango salsa is a great addition to your weeknight dinner menu! It's not as acidic as regular tomato salsa and is a great recipe to make in the Summer!
- It comes together in just 15 minutes!
- It's perfect served with tortilla chips or as a topping over grilled and pan-seared meats, like chicken, pork, or salmon.
- Use it as an appetizer, dip, or elevate it to the main course when combined with protein, such as steak, salmon, or chicken.
This recipe is great for sharing
This vibrant fruit salsa can be so many things.
- It's a perfect appetizer to make for a crowd or share with your family. It can also be a side dish to grilled meats or a salad to numerous main courses.
- It's simple enough to serve as an everyday appetizer or salad with your weeknight dinner for your family and friends. It also makes a beautiful presentation when prepared for a special occasion or holiday.
- Because mango salsa can easily be made ahead, bring it to your favorite summer events! Make it for backyard barbecues, cookouts, picnics, potlucks, family dinners, and block parties. Your family and friends will love it!
- Mangos are a deliciously sweet fruit, rich in vitamins (such as Vitamin K and Vitamin C), minerals, and antioxidants (including Beta-carotene).
- Kiwi fruit is a nutrient-dense ingredient high in Vitamin C. It is also a good source of antioxidants and fiber. The mango salsa is a perfect way to use this healthy fruit!
- Sweet red bell pepper will add texture, flavor, and color. You can also use green bell pepper if you like.
- Green onions have a milder taste than regular onions and not only add flavor to the salsa, but also vibrancy and color!
- Lime. Use only freshly squeezed lime juice, not the bottled kind.
- Fresh cilantro adds a ton of flavor, so be sure to use the freshest herbs.
- Chili powder will add pungency and spice to mango salsa.
- Salt and pepper. Add those to taste to bring out the flavors, but don't overdo it. I often just skip the salt.
How to make the best mango salsa
1) First, prepare the fruit by peeling mangos (make sure to pit them, too) and dicing them. Peel the kiwi fruit and dice it, as well.
2) Then, combine diced mangos, diced kiwi, diced bell pepper, and chopped green onions in a large mixing bowl.
3) Next, add freshly squeezed lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, and chili powder.
4) Mix everything well.
5) Finally, season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Cilantro substitution. If you don't want to use cilantro, use fresh parsley or fresh basil leaves instead.
- What onions should you use? I used green onions. Red onions would work well, too.
- Add-ins. If you want to add more ingredients to the mango salsa, try adding pineapple, corn, or black beans.
- Store mango salsa refrigerated in an airtight container or in a glass mason jar with the lid for up to 5 days.
- It's a perfect recipe to make ahead. This salsa keeps well refrigerated and you can make it ahead and store it in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
How to use mango salsa in your recipes
- Serve it as a snack with tortilla chips or as a topping over nachos along with your favorite cheese, such as Cotija, shredded Cheddar, or Pepper Jack cheese.
- Fresh mango salsa can be served as a topping over soft cheeses, such as goat cheese, cream cheese, burrata, brie, or fresh mozzarella along with crackers.
- Add this fruit salsa as a topping for grilled or cooked meats, such as chicken, pork, steak, shrimp, or fish.
- It would also work as a fruit topping over pizza similar to how you would use pineapple as a pizza topping.
- Serve it as a topping over tacos.
Other fruit salsa recipes
15-Minute Mango Salsa
- 2 mangos ripe, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 sweet red bell pepper small, diced
- 1 kiwi fruit peeled and diced
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- ½ bunch cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice or more
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder or more
- salt to taste
- Note about mangos. Wash them thoroughly to get rid of any debris. Use ripe mangos. Always peel the mangos. Pit the mangos and dice them into cubes.
- Peel the kiwi fruit and dice it into cubes.
- In a large mixing bowl combine diced mangos, diced red bell pepper, diced kiwi fruit, finely chopped green onions, and chopped fresh cilantro. Toss to combine.
- Add freshly squeezed lime juice and chili powder. Toss to combine. Taste and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Add more lime juice and chili powder, if you like.
- A fruit-based snack with your favorite chips or crackers.
- Use it just like a regular tomato salsa - as a topping over nachos along with your favorite melted cheese, like Cheddar or Pepper Jack cheese.
- Use it as a topping over soft cheeses, including goat cheese, cream cheese, burrata, brie, or fresh mozzarella.
- Serve fresh mango salsa as a topping for grilled meats and seafood.
- Add it as a topping to tacos, burritos, and your other favorite Mexican foods.
- Serve it as a topping over pizza.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.