Best Baked Chicken Thighs with Maple Dijon Mustard Sauce - so easy and so good! Your family will love this and rave about this recipe for days!
A perfect, easy recipe if you don't have much free time. These Chicken Thighs with Maple Dijon Sauce require only 5 ingredients, the whole dish takes only 10 minutes to prepare, and then about 40 minutes to bake (while you drink a cocktail or a glass of wine) - super easy, don't you think?! Easily double the recipe for a bigger baking pan. And you get some of the best baked chicken thighs you'll ever make!
To make maple dijon sauce, whisk together Dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice vinegar:
Generously salt and pepper the chicken thighs and place them in the casserole dish:
Spoon the maple-dijon sauce over the chicken thighs:
Turn the chicken thighs over several times to make sure the sauce coats the chicken evenly.
Baked uncovered for 40 minutes until chicken is fully cooked (no longer pink in the center and registers 165 F on meat thermometer).
Best Baked Chicken Thighs with Maple Dijon Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450º F.
- IMPORTANT NOTE about what baking dish to use. Keep in mind that because the sauce has sugar and is cooked at a high temperature, it will tarnish your cooking pan. To prevent that, line your baking pan with foil or use a disposable aluminum baking pan.
- Mix together the Dijon mustard, maple syrup and rice vinegar.
- Salt and pepper the thighs, then place them in the baking dish - I used 2.5 quart oval casserole dish ( 13 inches * 9 inches *4 inches deep).
- Pour the maple-mustard mixture over the thighs, turning them a couple times to fully coat them.
- Place the baking dish with chicken thighs, uncovered, into the oven, and bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the chicken thighs with the sauce 2 or 3 times during the last 20 minutes of baking.
- Serve the chicken thighs immediately, on plates, topped with the remaining sauce from the baking dish.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.