Banana whoopie pies with fluffy peanut butter frosting is one of those delicious desserts that everybody likes! Made with Greek yogurt and vanilla, these banana whoopie pies are so good, you don't even need a frosting!
I love baking with bananas, and these banana whoopie pies are no exception: they are so good on their own, you could eat them without any frosting. But, of course, adding the peanut butter frosting doesn't hurt and makes them even more special.
These whoopie pies keep well in the refrigerator for several days. Decorate them with powdered sugar or sprinkle the frosting portion with colorful sprinkles!
Banana Whoopie Pies with Peanut Butter Frosting
Banana Whoopie Pies:
How to make banana whoopie pies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine and mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat softened butter and both sugars (brown and regular) with an electric mixer on medium-high speed for about 2-3 minutes until light in color and creamy. Add egg and vanilla, continuing to beat until well-incorporated. Add mashed bananas and Greek yogurt and beat just enough to combine.
- Add flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Drop dough by heaping teaspoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges just begin to brown. Let cookies cool by slide the parchment papers with cookies on them onto the wire rack.
How to make peanut butter frosting:
- In a medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat softened unsalted butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add the sugar and continue beating. When the frosting starts to thicken, add a tablespoon of milk at a time and continue beating for several more minutes to reach the desired consistency: so that the frosting is fluffy, has the right kind of thickness and can spread easily.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of peanut butter frosting onto the flat sides of half the cookies. Sandwich with remaining cookies. Dust with confectioners' sugar, and/or sprinkle with sprinkles as shown on photos, if desired!
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.