Banana bread muffins - perfect breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack, you can pack these for a picnic or outdoor outing. These freeze well and are great for making in advance.
I make banana bread or banana bread muffins quite often, primarily because it's an easy extra snack I can take to work with me. It's quite nice to open my lunch box around 1 or 2pm and find a slice of banana bread or a muffin there, in addition to the actual lunch. Makes my lunch breaks that much more enjoyable!
When making these banana bread muffins, I often add diced apples, strawberries, or blueberries to the batter. Adding diced fruit or berries adds extra flavor and makes banana bread muffins unique each time you make them!
If you have kids, they will surely appreciate a banana bread muffin in their lunch box, too!
This is a very simple and reliable recipe that I use all the time with simple ingredients found in any house. The banana bread muffins turn out great every time!
I like to use very ripe bananas that are already so soft that it's effortless to mash them. Baking in a muffin pan gives each banana bread muffin a nice, darker crust which is delicious to munch on! Sometimes, I add chopped apples to the batter - makes these muffin even yummier!
Banana bread muffins
- 3 bananas , ripe
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , melted
- ½ cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a muffins pan or place muffin/cupcake cups into a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add melted butter, milk, sugar and mix with a fork or a spoon to combine. Add an egg and continue mixing until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix to blend the ingredients but do not over-mix.
- Pour the banana bread muffin batter into the muffin pan. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan when cool enough to handle.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.