Bacon jalapeno popper macaroni and cheese - just like bacon jalapeno poppers but with the addition of elbow pasta! Creamy, flavorful, spicy!
I am so excited to introduce my new favorite way to eat mac and cheese: with bacon and canned jalapenos! This dish is so good, I am speechless. I've been eating a whole pan of this mac and cheese for the last 3 days, and I can't stop - I just made another half a batch!
You can't go wrong with this combination of ingredients. Your taste buds will thank you. You will make your spouse moan. Your friends and co-workers will love you even more. What also makes me speechless is how easy it was to make the whole thing - the recipe takes only 30 minutes.
Here is how easy it is to make this bacon jalapeno popper mac and cheese:
- Combine and heat milk, cheddar cheese and a little bit of cream cheese on medium heat until creamy
- Add cooked elbow macaroni
- Add cooked bacon and diced jalapenos
- Cook the mac and cheese for a couple of minutes to heat up all the ingredients and infuse the flavors. That's it! You have one of the best mac and cheese's you'll ever taste!
I don't even have to say this, but: if you love bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers, you'll love this dish!
Bacon Jalapeno Popper Macaroni and Cheese
- Heat milk in a large saucepan - add cheddar cheese and cream cheese. Without bringing the mixture to boil, heat it gently, constantly stirring until all cheese is melted. If the sauce is too thick - add more milk. If the sauce appears too watery - it's OK. Once you add the pasta, the pasta will absorb some of the liquid, which will thicken the sauce.
- In the mean time, cook elbow macaroni al dente - drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Add macaroni to the sauce and continue cooking the sauce with the pasta in it, on medium heat, for a couple of minutes stirring constantly to coat well.
- Add cooked bacon (already chopped into small bits) and chopped jalapenos (from the can) and stir. Add more jalapenos if you like it spicier.
- Only after you added bacon and jalapenos, you can season with salt and pepper if desired - do not add salt until this point because the bacon and the marinated jalapenos will bring saltiness to the dish.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.