Easy apple cake with pecans. Delicious dessert, snack or even breakfast recipe!
An easy apple cake doesn't get any better than this! Tasty and moist, with great texture and flavor, packed with juicy apple slices, this is a perfect every day cake! It has become a regular in my rotation of Fall desserts! So easy to make: it takes literally 15 minutes to prepare, not counting the baking time, and requires the simplest and the most basic ingredients found in any pantry! It's made even better because it has pecans!
Apples, nuts, and cinnamon make this cake so very tasty. And what a great way to use up those extra apples!
What makes this apple cake even more special is that you're not only folding chopped apples and pecans in the cake batter, you're also placing chopped apples on top of the batter and then sprinkling the sugar and cinnamon mixture over the top! So deliciously pretty!
I used a 9x9 baking pan but you can easily double the recipe and bake it in 9x13 inch baking pan.
Everyday this week, I've been taking a slice of this cake to work with me for breakfast - trust me, it makes a great coffee cake (or tea cake) in the morning! It is also great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as a dessert in the evening. And the best part is that it's so easy to make!
Apple Cake Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour sifted
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups apples cored, peeled, and diced
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Use 9×9 inch square baking pan. Or, double the recipe and use 9×13 inch square pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, using electric mixer, beat eggs and sugars for about 5 minutes on high speed until light in color and creamy. Add oil, milk, and vanilla extract and continue beating for 2 more minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix with a spoon or fork.
- Fold in 2 cups of chopped apples and chopped pecans into the cake batter.
- Grease a 9×9 square pan with butter, and pour the cake batter into the pan. It might look to you like you have too little batter – don’t worry, this cake rises a lot. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of chopped apples over the cake.
- Combine white sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mixture over the cake.
- Bake for 50 or 60 minutes or until the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.