≑ Menu

Parmesan Spaghetti Squash, Spinach, and Bacon with Pine Nuts

healthy gluten free spaghetti squash pasta recipe, nuts, vegetables

Spaghetti Squash, Spinach cooked with garlic in olive oil, combined with bacon, topped with melted, freshly grated, Parmesan cheese AND then sprinkled with toasted pine nuts. Delicious, healthy, gluten free!

spaghetti squash recipes, recipes with pine nuts, vegetables, healthy dinner recipes

You’ll love this simple, healthy, wholesome recipe!

MY OTHER VIDEOS

how to cook spaghetti squash, spaghetti squash recipes, healthy gluten free dinner recipes

Parmesan Spaghetti Squash, Spinach, and Bacon with Pine Nuts

Parmesan Spaghetti Squash, Spinach, and Bacon with Pine Nuts

• 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 spaghetti squash, medium size
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 8 oz fresh spinach
  • 8 bacon strips, cooked and finely chopped
  • 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
  • salt and pepper

Cooking spaghetti squash:
  1. Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit.
  2. Cut the squash in 2 halves, scrape out the seeds and the fiber out of each half. Spray 2 tablespoons of olive oil over the cut sides of the squash. Spray the baking sheet with oil and place the squash on the baking sheet cut side down.
  3. Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Remove it from the oven when it's cooked through and soft, and let it cool. Flip the squash so that cut side faces up – that will speed up the cooling. After squash cools, scrape squash with a fork to remove flesh in long strands and transfer to a bowl.
  4. Cooking spinach:
  5. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add minced garlic and fresh spinach and saute for about 2 minutes, stirring, on medium heat, uncovered until spinach wilts. Season with salt.
  6. Add spaghetti squash to the skillet with spinach, add finely chopped cooked bacon and mix to combine, on low heat.
  7. Add freshly shredded Parmesan cheese to the skillet and stir on low heat to melt the cheese. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Top with toasted pine nuts.

PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN\’

• Jessica January 24, 2016, 10:51 am

I am thinking about adding sliced, roasted chicken tenders to this. Looks delicious!

• Jo petersen March 18, 2016, 9:36 pm

I keep trying different spaghetti squash recipes. Still looking for the best one. This one sounds good except for one SMALL thing. I absolutely HATE cooked spinich. I will eat spinach salad if it is dressed when I start to eat it. If it has been dressed for too long, I won’t eat it.

Do you think I could use broccoli instead?

• grei June 14, 2016, 4:55 pm

Hi Jo! Have you found your favorite spaghetti squash recipe yet? I am in the same boat and searching for a hearty one my husband would enjoy. Will be his first time trying it.

• Megan April 26, 2016, 7:28 am

Thanks for a great recipe!

• Peggy May 16, 2016, 9:42 am

I do almost the exact came dish, but without the spinach and pine nuts. This sounds like a tasty variation on a theme I’ll try out. πŸ™‚

• Kim August 16, 2016, 12:20 pm

Made this over the wknd and it was fabulous! Can’t wait to make this again!

• Roshani Khanna September 19, 2016, 3:40 am

Great recipe, perfect for mixing up a picnic a little, it is nice to have something different to eat. Pinnnnnnned! πŸ™‚

• Mark C October 5, 2016, 9:55 pm

Made tonight without the pine nuts, super good. Not really a main dish but would be great for a potluck or side dish for something off the grill.

• Connie October 18, 2016, 8:09 pm

This is super good.. I didn’t have bacon but added marinated chicken instead. Added seasoning salt, basil and it was a huge hit. Our family is fairly new to Spaghetti Squash and I’ve been roasting it instead of steaming it. I put the cut sides UP on the baking sheet, brush with Olive Oil, cook at 450 for about 25 min.. get’s a little darker, but it’s brings out the flavor more.. delicious!

• Lisa Ferris October 30, 2016, 6:44 pm

We just tried this and it was delicious! Full of flavor, even a bit rich. I only had to bake the squash 30 minutes. Did not need 1/2 c. of pine nuts, saved half of that for a rainy day. We added grilled chicken to top for a complete meal!

• laurie January 19, 2017, 11:07 am

I really enjoyed this recipe. I used it as a side dish with my chicken. I had a lot leftover (only 2 of us). The next day I added the chicken to the squash and a bag of frozen mixed vegetables and made “hash”. It was wonderful. This is a very versatile recipe that you can do a lot of changes to. My husband loved all everything!

• Julia January 31, 2017, 2:12 am

Hi, Laurie! Thank you for stopping by and leaving your comment! I am glad you liked the recipe! Using the leftovers the next day with chicken and frozen mixed veggies is smart and sounds delicious! πŸ™‚

• Sue White February 12, 2017, 3:56 pm

I made this last night I add mushrooms and red pepper flakes, I wi make this again, soooo good

• Julia March 12, 2017, 11:22 pm

I am glad you liked it! Mushrooms and red pepper flakes are great additions!

• Kim Glover February 18, 2017, 10:53 am

My friend tried this recipe and loved it, after a brief scuffle with the squash when she tried to cut it open.

• Julia March 12, 2017, 11:04 pm

I am glad you liked it! πŸ™‚ I agree with you – squash can be hard to deal with! πŸ™‚

• Deep Web April 5, 2017, 2:05 am

We’ve made spaghetti squash many times, but it’s never been as good as when we baked it this way. Thanks so much for the idea!

• Gloria Jean April 21, 2017, 7:05 am

Ok, you have just made my day. I was just talking to my husband about wanting to make more things from scratch. This is awesome.

• Dee April 29, 2017, 10:23 pm

Hello…do you have the nutritional information for this recipe?…thank you!

• Lolita May 19, 2017, 1:36 am

I made this for dinner tonight. We are just starting a paleo change. I added a big bunch of mushrooms with the garlic. I didn’t see the mushrooms on the ‘foods to avoid list. Dinner turned out terrific! I did not add salt as it really doesn’t need it. I used some leftover turkey breast to add to the plates for those who wanted the protein.
    Thank you for this new addition to our menus!

• Deanna Zryd October 9, 2017, 5:49 pm

Made this for lunch today! It was very flavorful and I added chicken tenders to it. I read above how someone added mushrooms and red chili flakes. Great idea!!! I must try that as well. Thank you for a delicious spaghetti squash recipe!

• Julia October 31, 2017, 6:56 pm

Thank you, Deanna! So happy you enjoyed this recipe! Chicken tenders is a great addition!