Banana bread muffins
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook and Instagram to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
I make banana bread or banana bread muffins quite often, primarily because it’s an easy extra snack I can take to work with me. It’s quite nice to open my lunch box around 1 or 2pm and find a slice of banana bread or a muffin there, in addition to the actual lunch. Makes my lunch breaks that much more enjoyable!
If you have kids, they will surely appreciate a banana bread muffin in their lunch box, too!
This is a very simple and reliable recipe that I use all the time with simple ingredients found in any house. The muffins turn out great every time!
I like to use very ripe bananas that are very dark on the outside and already so soft that it’s effortless to mash them. Baking in a muffin pan gives each muffin a nice, darker crust which is delicious to munch on! Sometimes, I add chopped apples to the batter – makes these muffin even yummier!
- 3 ripe bananas
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Butter a muffins pan or place muffin/cupcake cups into a muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Add melted butter, milk, sugar and mix with a fork or a spoon to combine. Add an egg and continue mixing until well-blended.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix to blend the ingredients but do not over-mix.
- Pour the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for about 25 minutes. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan when cool enough to handle.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: