Sometimes I crave chocolate chip muffins for breakfast. Today is one of those days. I love to have a muffin with a glass of hot tea right after I’ve had some eggs and/or sausage. It makes my breakfast complete. These muffins are amazingly soft, light, with that beautiful airy texture! And not only that, they are made using Greek yogurt, which replaces some of the vegetable oil, thus reducing the fat content!
I loved these so much, I actually had one for breakfast, and the second one – after dinner, for dessert!
It takes no time to prepare these muffins, so, if I were you, I would get your coffee maker started or start boiling water for hot tea. Warm drinks are perfect with these breakfast muffins, as they will make chocolate chips melt in your mouth! Enjoy!
Greek yogurt chocolate chip muffins
Total time: 60 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup Greek yogurt (I used 2% plain, Chobani Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Use one regular size muffin pan (12 muffins)
Makes 12-14 regular size muffins
To make muffins:
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line muffin cups with muffin liners.
2) In a medium bowl, mix together flour, white sugar, salt, and baking powder.
3) In a separate large bowl, add vegetable oil, 2 eggs, and Greek yogurt and whisk to combine.
4) Add flour mixture from step 2 to the liquid mixture in step 3 and mix just enough to combine.
5) Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter from step 4.
6) Fill muffin cups with the muffin batter about 3/4 full. Bake for about 20 minutes in the oven, or until toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean.