Garlic Mushroom Fettuccine Pasta smothered in butter and shredded Parmesan. Sometimes, the simplest of recipes are truly the best!
You’ll love simple yet delicious flavors in this meatless recipe.
This mushroom fettuccine pasta recipe takes only 30 minutes to make, but the resulting dish tastes like something you would order in a high-end Italian restaurant.
While this pasta is great as-is, it will be great with grilled chicken, salmon or steak! If you’re gluten free, Tinkyada brown rice fettuccine works great in this recipe!
When making this mushroom pasta, definitely add more salt than what I indicate there (I was conservative) to suite your taste – adding just enough salt allows all the flavors to come together:mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and butter.
If available, use truffle salt – it’s wonderful in this recipe!
This delicious mushroom pasta takes only 30 minutes to make, but tastes like a dish from a great Italian restaurant.
- 16 oz mushrooms , sliced
- 6 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 16 oz fettuccine (for gluten free pasta, use brown rice fettuccine)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt , at least
- 1 1/2 cups Parmesan , shredded
- 3 green onions , chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add sliced mushrooms and minced garlic. Sprinkle with about 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Cook for about 2 minutes, constantly stirring, until mushrooms are soft. Taste and add more salt, if needed. Remove from heat.
- Cook pasta according to the package instructions. Rinse in cold water, drain.
- Add pasta to the mushrooms along with 4 tablespoons of butter. Add the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Gently reheat until butter melts and pasta is very warm. Add grated Parmesan cheese, continue to reheat pasta, stirring until cheese melts.
- Definitely add more salt than what I indicate here (I am being conservative) to suite your taste – adding just enough salt (not too much but not too little either) allows all the flavors to blend together: mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and butter.
- Serve topped with chopped green onions.
- Note: if available, use truffle salt - it goes great with this recipe.