Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Bacon and Thyme - one of the best ways to cook mushrooms! Gluten free and low-carb side dish and/or sauce.
Mushrooms, bacon, thyme and cream create an excellent flavor combination: very savory, perfectly seasoned. This creamy mushroom thyme sauce with bacon makes a great accompaniment to grilled meats, chicken, pork, steaks, etc.
I love easy recipes and this one is no exception.
How to make creamy mushroom sauce with thyme
Start by cooking mushrooms in 1 tablespoon olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet for about 3 minutes, flipping once. Do not salt mushrooms - this will ensure the mushrooms get caramelized:
In the mean time, cook bacon, about 5 slices, (I cook it in the oven), drain the bacon from fat, chop the bacon into smaller bites, and add chopped, cooked bacon to the skillet:
Add heavy cream, salt, snipped fresh thyme, bring everything to boil, then reduce to simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes for the flavors to blend. Remove from heat and add more salt if needed. That's it! Your sauce is ready to be served!
Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Bacon and Thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 oz white mushrooms , sliced
- 5 slices bacon , cooked, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add sliced mushrooms (without salting - to ensure they mushrooms get caramelized) and cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes flipping once.
- Add chopped cooked bacon to the skillet.
- Add heavy creamy, ⅛ teaspoon salt and snipped fresh thyme, bring to boil, stir, immediately reduce to simmer and simmer for about 2 minutes on very low heat for flavors to blend and sauce to reduce a bit. Taste and add more salt if needed.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.