Chicken Broccoli Spaghetti with Golden Mushroom Sauce – chicken and broccoli smothered in a delicious creamy mushroom sauce, made with golden mushroom soup.
If you’re craving a comfort food pasta dinner – this is the perfect recipe for you!
Use skinless, boneless chicken breasts. First, you slice them up, season with salt and pepper and cook in olive oil on stove top in a large skillet.
Then, remove the cooked chicken from the skillet, and add golden mushroom soup together with Italian Salad dressing mix. Heat everything up and mix with chicken stock and heavy cream.
In the mean time cook pasta and blanch broccoli for 5 minutes in boiling water.
Finally, add cooked chicken, cooked broccoli, and cooked and drained pasta to the skillet with the creamy golden mushroom soup sauce. Mix everything well, season if needed, and your delicious dinner is ready!
What is golden mushroom soup?
Golden mushroom soup is usually made with beef stock, mushrooms and savory tomato puree. You can buy it in the store or on-line. It’s a very flavorful combination of ingredients, and it works really well with chicken and pasta.
Creamy Chicken Broccoli Pasta with Golden Mushroom Sauce - comfort food dinner. Use canned golden mushroom soup to make the creamy sauce.
- 1 pound chicken breast , skinless, boneless, cut in half horizontally
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10.5 oz Golden Mushroom condensed soup from the can
- 0.7 oz dry Italian Salad Dressing Mix packaged
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 oz spaghetti pasta (use gluten free spaghetti for gluten free version)
- 1/2 pound broccoli florets , sliced into bite-size pieces
- 4 green onions , chopped
- Slice boneless, skinless chicken breasts in half horizontally, to make them thinner and easier to cook. Season chicken breasts lightly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Cook chicken breasts 4 minutes on each side. Then, remove the skillet from heat, cover with the lid and let the chicken sit in the skillet, covered, for about 15 minutes, off heat - until it's completely cooked through in its own heat, and no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the skillet and slice it into thin strips.
- To the same skillet add golden mushroom condensed soup and about 1/2 to 3/4 of the 0.7 ounce Italian Salad dressing mix (make sure not to add all of the salad dressing mix - it might make the sauce too salty). Heat the mixture and add chicken stock and heavy cream - bring to boil and mix well.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Cook broccoli florets in boiling water for 5 minutes, or, just simply add broccoli florets to boiling water with pasta during the last 5 minutes or cooking. Drain and rinse.
- Add cooked and drained pasta and broccoli to the skillet and combine it with the sauce. Taste and add more of Italian salad dressing seasoning, if needed. Add sliced cooked chicken and half of chopped green onions and mix well with pasta and sauce. When serving, top with the remaining half of chopped green onions.
Inspired by Allrecipes.com