Arugula Salad with Beets, Brown Sugar Pecans, and Gorgonzola cheese in a simple Balsamic Vinegar, Olive Oil, and Honey dressing - healthy and delicious recipe. This is a truly incredible salad combining quite a variety of flavors on one plate: beets, oranges, pecans, Gorgonzola cheese, arugula. Give it a try!
This arugula salad is not at all dominated by beets: all ingredients are well-balanced. I like to put quite a lot of beets in there, but you can get away with as few as you want. This is a perfect salad to have for lunch, and it also is also a very presentable salad to go with any fancy dinner!
What makes this arugula beet salad very special is that I caramelized pecans in butter and brown sugar:
The salad dressing for this arugula salad is super simple. Just combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey.
Arugula leaves are so good with this salad dressing! You almost don't need any other toppings, but beets, orange slices, brown sugar pecans, Gorgonzola cheese are great additions!
Arugula Salad with Beets, Brown Sugar Pecans, and Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
Brown Sugar Pecans:
- ⅓ cup pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 beet , cooked, peeled
- 4 oz arugula
- ¼ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 10 orange slices
- Mix vinegar with honey, then add oil, whisking until emulsified.
Brown Sugar Pecans:
- Add butter and sugar to the frying pan on medium-high heat, add pecans. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring, to coat the pecans until they caramelize. Place pecans on foil and let them cool.
- Slice the cooked beet thinly. Cut each orange slice in half.
- In a large bowl, toss together arugula, beet slices, and orange slices. Sprinkle with the salad dressing. When serving, top each salad plate with brown sugar pecans and crumbled Gorgonzola cheese on top.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.