Asian noodle salad with peanut dressing
Follow Julia on Pinterest and Facebook to get more recipes and dinner ideas for your weekly meal planning!
Light, refreshing, crunchy and easy-to-make salad (or dinner), anyone? When I first found this cold Asian noodle salad recipe (with homemade peanut sauce salad dressing, of all things!), it was love at first sight. After I’ve finally made it and have been eating it for 3 days in a row now, I am head over heels!
You’ll go crazy over this peanut sauce salad dressing – it’s what makes this salad so flavorful and delicious! I found that the proportions of the salad dressing ingredients are pretty accurate and hardly need any adjustment, but feel free to add just a touch more of peanut butter (if you like it more peanut buttery), more honey (if you want the dressing sweeter), or just a touch more soy sauce (to make it saltier). You can even use crunchy peanut butter if you want to add the tiny nuts to make the salad even crunchier!
This recipe is both vegetarian and vegan: crunchy veggies, soft noodles, very flavorful Asian-inspired dressing – so yummy, you wouldn’t be able to stop eating it! Perfect for lunch, dinner, or snack!
Asian noodle salad recipe
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dark sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger or 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger
- 3 tablespoons toasted white sesame seeds, divided
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, such as JiF
- 1 pound thin spaghetti or linguine
- 1 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 red bell peppers, cored and seeded, and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions or scallions, sliced
To make salad dressing:
- In a medium bowl, combine and whisk together the vegetable oil, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds and peanut butter. Optional: if your sauce is to thick, add a little bit of water at a time to reach the desired consistency (maximum 1/4 cup of water).
To prepare noodle salad:
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti (or linguine) and cook according to package directions. Drain, rinse under very cold water (to stop cooking), drain again and set aside.
- Bring another pot of salted water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, and cook for about 5 minutes, until peas are crisp tender. Drain, rinse under very cold water (to stop cooking), drain again and set aside.
- Combine the noodles, sugar snap peas, rec bell peppers and green onions (scallions) in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the noodle-veggie mixture. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds and toss together.
CONNECT WITH ME ON MY SOCIAL MEDIA:
PINTEREST | FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN’
To search my site for other recipes, type your search text below and hit enter: