Because it was my mom who taught me how to make crepes, my dessert of choice for this Mother’s Day is dessert crepes! I love crepes! My mom used to make them for me and my twin sister almost every other weekend when we were growing up. We would usually fill them with all kinds of jam or preserves and have them for breakfast on the weekends. Those were the good old days!
Lately, I really like to fill my crepes with sweetened ricotta cheese filling and stuff them with all kinds of berries. I use agave nectar to sweeten the ricotta cheese, because agave nectar is very sweet and you only need a couple of tablespoons, and it’s easy to mix agave with ricotta cheese on low heat. I tried using regular or brown sugar and it just isn’t the same.
If you know how to make crepes, the rest of this recipe is super easy. This is one of my most favorite desserts, because it’s so easy to make (especially if you have a stack of pre-made crepes) and because it’s filled with berries!
Crepes with ricotta cheese and blueberries
Prep time: 40 min
Cook time: 15 min
- Homemade crepes (detailed tutorial with photos here)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 or 3 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Makes 4 servings
1) Prepare crepes according to instructions.
2) Heat ricotta cheese and agave nectar in a small skillet on medium-high and keep mixing it until the mixture becomes liquid and of even consistency. Remove from heat and let it cool. Once it cools a bit, the mixture would become more solid, which is what we want.
3) To serve: add 2 tablespoons of agave-ricotta cheese mixture on top of the open crepe, scatter blueberries, and fold the crepe in half. Ready to serve!
More crepes recipes:
- How to make gluten free crepes
- Peanut butter Nutella crepes topped with strawberries in syrup
- Light and skinny Southwestern breakfast crepes
- Strawberry and Nutella crepes
- Lemon sugar dessert crepes
- Crepes with strawberries, bananas, and peanut butter
- 4th of July Crepes
- Crepes with creamy chicken and mushroom filling
- Easy crepes with jam or fruit preserves
- Crepes with caramelized apples and creamy ricotta cheese filling
- Dessert crepes with ricotta cheese, berries, and kiwi
- Homemade vanilla crepes
- Apple cinnamon crepes, or apple pie – in a crepe!
- Crepes with agave-ricotta cheese filling, topped with pears roasted in honey
- How to make crepes in a regular frying pan, from scratch