Slutty brownies with white chocolate chips

Slutty brownies with white chocolate chips

Slutty brownies – I must have been one of the last persons on the planet to notice these floating around on the internet (like a year late), and even then it took me a while to actually make them: slutty brownies have not made it to the top of my to-do list for quite some time – and they should have! Especially after I’ve added white chocolate chips to the brownie batter to add more creaminess and gooeyness! Having finally baked them, I can tell you that eating a slutty brownie is very much like having a cake, a brownie, a blondie, a layered dessert bar, or a fudge chocolate – all combined in one!

Slutty brownie is basically 3 types of everybody’s favorite sweets combined in one tall dessert bar: brownies + oreos + blondies.
Slutty brownies with white chocolate chips

Brownies can be either cake-like, or taste more like a fudge – the texture depends on your flour-to-butter ratios and the baking times.

In this recipe, I wanted the brownies to be very fudgy and super chewy, which is why I am using a low proportion of flour to butter. Less flour and more butter (proportion-wise) is what makes brownies so fudgy. Also, remember to sift the flour before measuring with cups, so that you don’t over pack the flour and don’t accidentally use more than what the recipe calls for.

Do not overmix blondie batter or brownie batter – just mix enough to combine dry ingredients with wet ones. Overmixing will invariably result in a tougher texture. I strongly recommend under baking them which will guarantee that you will get chewy, fudgy, rich and moist dessert bars.

You usually won’t find me snacking on Oreo cookies alone, but when they’re sandwiched in between these 2 gooey layers of cookie dough – I am all over them:
Slutty brownies with white chocolate chips

If you’re feeling especially lazy (or busy), you can even get away with using your favorite store-bought brownie mix and blondie (or chocolate chip cookie dough) mix for layers. Just remember to not overbake, and you will get an excellent and rich dessert!

Slutty brownies with white chocolate chips

Slutty brownies with white chocolate chips

Total time: 60 minutes

Inspired by What’s Gaby Cooking.

Blondie layer:

1 cup flour
pinch of salt
1/2 cup to 1 cup white chocolate chips

Use one 9×9 brownie pan.

Makes 16-20 brownies.

To prepare blondie layer:

1) Beat melted butter with brown sugar, using electric mixer, until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating.

2) In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat just until combined, without over-mixing. Stir in chocolate chips.

To prepare brownie layer:

1) Mix sugar, cocoa, baking soda in a medium bowl. Add melted butter to the mixture of dry ingredients, whisking to combine. Add boiling water and stir to combine and thicken the mixture. Add vanilla, eggs, beating using electric mixer to blend ingredients together. Add flour and salt and stir until just combined without over-mixing. Stir in white chocolate chips.

To assemble:

1) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.

2) Line the bottom and the sides of a 9×9 baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease the foil with baking spray.

3) Layer the blondie cookie dough on the bottom of the baking pan. Layer a single layer of oreos on top of the blondie cookie dough. Pour the brownie batter over the oreo layer. Break some oreos into smaller pieces and sprinkle them over the top of the brownie layer.

4) Bake for 35 minutes or until set on top in the middle. You want to underbake these slutty brownies rather than overbake them. Cool on rack before cutting into slices.

MY BEST BOARDS ON PINTEREST:

I collect the most popular & repinned recipes on this PINTEREST board:
Follow my PUMPKIN board on Pinterest

It’s a PUMPKIN SEASON! Check out my PUMPKIN board on PINTEREST:
Follow my PUMPKIN board on Pinterest

• Angie@Angie's Recipes July 1, 2013, 7:03 am

o my these look so dang tempting with all the decadent ingredients!

• Monique July 1, 2013, 9:05 am

Love the title:) And these go so well with the style of your blog:)Your food is always so decadently enticing!

I had seen them..yours are the sluttiest so far:)
    Meaning that they are surely the best.

• Denise Browning@From Brazil To You July 1, 2013, 9:31 am

Decadent and tempting…I want to bite them!

• Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking July 1, 2013, 10:47 am

Apparently you are not the last person to hear of Slutty Brownies…I am! These look amazing! Breathtaking photography as always!

These are really the perfect treats for those indecisive days when you can’t decide what dessert you want because everything looks too tempting to pass up!

• Ashley July 1, 2013, 2:50 pm

Yowsa! Now this is one dessert! haha I had heard of them before but never really paid much attention … clearly I’ve been missing out : )

• Suzanne Perazzini July 1, 2013, 3:49 pm

They look so decadent – now to make a gluten-free version….

• Deb July 1, 2013, 7:04 pm

What voluptuous cookies! I imagine eating them straight from the pan with a spoon!

• Matt @ The Athlete's Plate July 1, 2013, 7:36 pm

Drool…

• Kayle (The Cooking Actress) July 1, 2013, 7:37 pm

I haven’t made em yet either, I neeeed to!!

Yours look so ooey and gooey and omg *swoon*

• Juliana Walters July 1, 2013, 8:25 pm

These are on my list of things I must make. You have just re-inspired me. The addition of the white chocolate chips gives yours a really nice color contrast. I am sure they made them even more wonderful!

• Daniela July 2, 2013, 6:19 pm

This is a wonderful combination of 3 of my favorite ingredients :
    Brownies, Oreos and white chocolate.
    It can’t get much better for chocolate lovers :)

• Ari @ Ari's Menu July 2, 2013, 7:53 pm

You are killing me girl!! These look to die for!

• Anne ~ Uni Homemaker July 3, 2013, 12:48 am

Wowza! That looks sinfully good! I can see why they’re slutty. ;) Give me a tall glass of milk with these and I’m a happy camper. Great post Julia. :)

• Natasha of Natashaskitchen.com July 3, 2013, 12:52 am

Oh my gosh! These should be outlawed! They look dangerous! ;) Dangerously good that is :)

• Ashley @ Wishes and Dishes July 3, 2013, 1:06 am

I love the name of these! LOL I bet they live up to their name…they look amazing!!

• Patty July 3, 2013, 11:20 am

Wow! Fabulous pan of brownies to bake up for the 4th of July holiday! I made something similar for my son and friends last year and they were a huge hit!!! Your photos are so tempting ;-) Pinned for later, I’m sure my son will want another pan of these decadent brownies ;) Happy 4th!

• Amy @ swiss miss in the kitchen July 3, 2013, 11:26 am

Sweet Lord!! These look fantastic!! I’m absolutely in love with your slutty brownies *lol* :) :)
    xox Amy

• Laura Dembowski July 3, 2013, 12:24 pm

These look awesome! Of course all those layers of deliciousness are amazing, but your addition of white chips was a great idea!

• Sara {Home is Where the Cookies Are} July 3, 2013, 2:20 pm

Every time I see that title it makes me chuckle. I have yet to make them though – unlike you, I am perfectly content to chow down on plain ol’ Oreos!! ;)

• Barb July 3, 2013, 3:25 pm

omgoodness! these look beyond delicious, and just gorgeous photos as usual!

• Loretta | A Finn In The Kitchen July 3, 2013, 3:52 pm

You just reminded me that I haven’t seen these in a while. When I first got on Pinterest (a year ago or so) they were everywhere! Thanks for bringing them back to my attention :)

• john@kitchenriffs July 3, 2013, 6:56 pm

These are incredible! Totally delish and decadent. So of course I want some! ;-) Good stuff – thanks.

• Ilan July 3, 2013, 8:05 pm

Yummy. I wonder why they’re called slutty though.
    I love these Julia!

• Christin@SpicySouthernKitchen July 3, 2013, 8:41 pm

Yum! I haven’t made slutty brownies yet and I think I better wait until swimsuit season is over because I would totally eat the whole pan!

• Liz July 3, 2013, 9:05 pm

I’ve been eyeing this recipe for a while, too! Oreos are a staple in our household…and adding white chocolate chips makes these even better. True decadence!!!

• Yelena July 4, 2013, 10:37 pm

They look mouthwatering-)) These are truly amazing!

• Kiran @ KiranTarun.com July 5, 2013, 3:26 pm

omg! enough said. i need these in my life! beautiful photos and styling :)

• Yvonne @ bitter baker July 8, 2013, 3:36 pm

I’m so happy I came across your blog! For some reason I’ve managed to not come across slutty brownies (although I wonder how that’s even possible)…. But they sure do look delicious! And extra gooeyness works prima for me :) Think I gotta put these on my to-do list!

• Peachy @ The Peach Kitchen July 9, 2013, 1:05 am

Oh we love brownies over here! And I wonder why I haven’t seen these Slutty Brownies! These will be my next brownie batch!

• Daniela July 10, 2013, 10:15 pm

These brownies are glorious and the combination of oreos with different kind of chocolates is a match made in heaven.

• Von July 11, 2013, 10:16 am

Wow…..that sounds amazing! Why haven’t I heard of these earlier? :O Yours look amazing!

• Noel Lizotte July 11, 2013, 7:30 pm

pinned this one! couldn’t resist!

• Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies July 17, 2013, 9:21 pm

Ooh, these look insane. And I mean that in the best possible way! :)

• Nami | Just One Cookbook July 17, 2013, 9:44 pm

Whoa!!!! These brownies look AMAZING Julia!!! The layers of Blondies, Oreos, and Brownies… can’t beat these combo! Seriously! Still drooling…

• Jess July 18, 2013, 9:18 am

Oh my these look amazing!!!! Love the name :)

• Sandra | Sandra's Easy Cooking July 22, 2013, 11:06 pm

Oh my…I never made them myself but I have seen them on other sites. Yours look AMAZING! Wow…I want them now!

• Sadaf Fiaz August 3, 2013, 11:25 am

Hey can I replace baking soda with baking powder?

• Julia August 6, 2013, 1:35 pm

Baking soda is usually used in brownie recipes (vs. baking powder) because that’s what helps a brownie to have a moist and chewy, fudge-like texture vs. being like a cake or a cookie. If you use baking powder, you will have a brownie with more cake-like texture. So, if you prefer your brownies to be more cake-like – use baking powder. If you want them to be more fudge-like – use baking soda.

• joolymagooly August 6, 2013, 9:24 am

I just made them, quiet easy to put together.. they are in the oven.. cant wait!!

• joolymagooly August 6, 2013, 10:36 am

THEY ARE AWESOME!!! YUUUUUUMOOOO

• Julia August 6, 2013, 1:21 pm

Thank you, so glad you made them and liked them! They are really easy to put together, despite the long list of ingredients. :)

• Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious September 25, 2013, 2:22 am

Best. brownies. ever.

• renee@chocolatepeanutbutterohmy October 30, 2013, 1:05 am

Love the name! these do look amazing!

• Jessica @ Jessiker Bakes January 18, 2014, 6:41 pm

Now I know I heard about slutty brownies way after you did. These look decadent!! Like, dripping decadent. Yes, please.

• Jen January 23, 2014, 5:58 pm

Put these in for 35 minutes at 350 degrees as instructed and they are still raw in the middle. Another 10 (45 minutes now and still raw, not gooey). Is there a typo for the temp and time? I’ve never had this problem before with a recipe so I know it’s not my oven…