Crunchy Asian Salad with Veggies and Peanut Dressing
This crunchy Asian salad with veggies and peanut dressing has lots of vegetables: spinach, cucumbers, red bell pepper, carrots, sugar snap peas. The salad dressing is super creamy, both sweet and sour.
Servings 4 servings
Peanut salad dressing:
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger , chopped, or ½ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use gluten free Tamari soy sauce for gluten free version)
- 1 tablespoon honey or more, if you like it sweeter
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds , toasted
- 6 cups baby spinach , washed, and dried
- 1 carrot , shredded
- 1 red bell pepper , thinly sliced
- ¼ red onion , thinly sliced
- ½ pound snap peas
- 1 cucumber , thinly sliced
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds , toasted
How to make peanut salad dressing:
Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the sugar snap peas, and cook for about 5 minutes, until peas are crisp tender. Drain, rinse under very cold water (to stop cooking), drain again and set aside.
Combine all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad, just enough to coat (you don't have to use all of the dressing, unless you want to). Sprinkle the salad with the remaining tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds.
Calories: 506kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Sodium: 689mg | Potassium: 854mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 8370IU | Vitamin C: 88.4mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 4.5mg