Strawberry Banana Bread with Blueberries - the best strawberry banana bread ever! Moist, delicious, flavorful. Made even better with the addition of blueberries.
Whenever I make banana bread, it's usually because I have overly ripe bananas, and I don't want to waste them.
This time around, I also had a package of fresh strawberries that were getting dangerously soft and a package of wrinkled fresh blueberries, so why not throw all of these ingredients together into one deliciously moist strawberry banana bread!
And what a great and colorful strawberry banana bread it turned out to be! I also added a tablespoon of fresh lemon zest to the bread batter which gave the bread even more oomph! It's like the summer entered my house!
Mixed berries, spiced up by the lemon zest in a loaf of banana bread - to me, it tastes like a summer berry cake. You can't really go wrong with a very moist banana bread stuffed with strawberries and blueberries.
Strawberry banana bread with blueberries
- 3 ripe bananas , smashed
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (lemon zest from 1 whole lemon)
- ½ cup strawberries chopped
- ½ cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, mix mashed bananas and melted butter, using wooden fork or spoon. Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in. Add the flour last, mix just enough to blend the ingredients; do not over-mix, the lumps will work themselves out.
- Add lemon zest, chopped strawberries and whole blueberries to the batter and mix them in to distribute evenly through the batter.
- Butter a 4×8 inch loaf pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper, butter the parchment paper too. Pour the batter in the pan. Bake for 1 hour. Cool on a rack. Remove from pan and slice to serve.
- Note: lining the bottom of the pan with parchment paper ensures that the bottom of the bread will not get stuck.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.