Italian Ravioli with Spinach, Artichokes, Capers, Sun-Dried Tomatoes. The vegetables are sautéed in olive oil. Meatless, refreshing, Mediterranean style pasta recipe that doesn’t need any meat – this meal will keep you full!
For this recipe, I used store-bought ravioli stuffed with pesto. You can use ravioli stuffed with anything! You can also use cheese stuffed ravioli, veggie stuffed ravioli, or pretty much any kind of ravioli you see in the store. You can make your own ravioli if you like too.
What makes this recipe work?
- To make ravioli taste delicious and not boring or bland, you have to make sure the ravioli is accompanied by something that enhances its flavor, such as a delicious sauce or a bed of vegetables. In this case, I sautéed chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped artichokes, capers and spinach in olive oil and garlic and then added cooked ravioli into all of this deliciousness.
- The recipe takes only 30 minutes from start to finish. Easy and fast is always good!
- You can use any type of ravioli you like. Stuffed with anything. Store-bought or homemade. Any ravioli will work in this recipe.
- These Italian ravioli taste so good and look amazing on a plate. Great presentation (that’s easy to make) never hurts!
Ingredients needed for this Italian ravioli recipe:
store-bought ravioli (cheese ravioli, or pesto ravioli)
Parmesan cheese, shredded
How to make Italian ravioli:
1) Cook store-purchased ravioli until al dente. Drain.
2) Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat in a large skillet. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped artichokes, capers, Italian seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Add fresh spinach, and continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts.
3) To the skillet with sautéed vegetables, on medium-low heat, add cooked ravioli, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and stir. The dish should be salty enough from capers. Sprinkle with shredded Parmesan cheese when serving.
I love spinach and artichokes, and I knew they would make a great combination with ravioli. And, capers and sun-dried tomatoes always make pasta recipes even more delicious.
It’s such an easy recipe, especially if you buy high quality, pre-made ravioli in the store – and there are plenty of choices these days. Just dress them up with these sautéed vegetables, and you have a delicious dinner that everybody will enjoy. This Italian ravioli recipe tastes like something from the Mediterranean restaurant: pasta, veggies, olive oil, and garlic. What’s not to like?
While store-bought ravioli work great in this recipe, you can always make your own ravioli and use your own homemade ravioli with this recipe as well.
I’ve made 3 different types of ravioli completely from scratch in my own kitchen in the past and published the recipes with detailed instructions on this blog. I used ravioli mold to make my own homemade ravioli but you can use your own favorite ravioli-making tool. See the recipes below.
Homemade ravioli recipes:
I made these ravioli completely from scratch (made my own ravioli dough, ravioli filling, etc.) – see 3 recipes below:
If you enjoyed this Italian ravioli recipe, you might enjoy these Mediterranean dinner recipes:
- Chicken Pasta with fresh tomatoes, spinach, lots of garlic and high quality olive oil: Tomato and Spinach Chicken Spaghetti
- Thinly sliced chicken with asparagus and cherry tomatoes smothered in basil pesto: Pesto Chicken and Veggies
- Tortellini with thinly sliced chicken, asparagus, and cherry tomatoes with lots of basil pesto: Pesto Tortellini with Chicken and Veggies
Italian Ravioli with Spinach, Artichokes, Capers, Sun-Dried Tomatoes. The vegetables are sautéed in garlic and olive oil. Meatless, refreshing, Mediterranean style pasta recipe that doesn't need any meat - this meal will keep you full!
- 8 oz ravioli (cheese ravioli, or pesto ravioli)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes , chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts , chopped
- 3 tablespoons capers , drained
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups spinach , fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil , and more (if desired)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese , shredded
Cook ravioli until al dente. Drain.
In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil on medium heat. Add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, chopped artichokes, capers, Italian seasoning and cook for 2 minutes. Add fresh spinach, and continue cooking and stirring until the spinach wilts.
To the skillet with sautéed vegetables, on medium-low heat, add cooked ravioli, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and stir. The dish should be salty enough from capers. If it's not, add more salt (or capers), if needed.
When serving, top with shredded Parmesan cheese.
What have I been cooking in my kitchen?
2 Years Ago: Chicken Thighs with Creamy Mushrooms, Bacon, Thyme
3 Years Ago: Breakfast Egg Muffins with Bacon and Spinach
4 Years Ago: Chicken Mushroom Pasta with Creamy Basil Garlic Sauce
5 Years Ago: Berry Clafoutis