Queso Baked Chicken - chicken spiced up with Southwestern spices and smothered with chopped tomatoes, green chiles, Queso sauce, topped with Cheddar (or Monterey Jack) cheese on top.
This Queso chicken bake is a great recipe for revamping your love for chicken breasts!
The chicken is covered with a creamy sauce, tomatoes, green chiles and cheese which makes it moist, flavorful and super tasty, not to mention easy to make!
If you enjoy Mexican, Tex-Mex, Southwestern style recipes - you'll love this chicken! I used store bought Chili Con Queso sauce - and it worked great.
Here are a couple of step-by-step photos to demonstrate just how easy it is to make this Queso chicken. First, place the chicken in a deep baking dish, such as this casserole pan:
Top with spices:
Top with half of chopped tomatoes and half of canned mild chiles:
Top with Queso and the remaining tomatoes and canned mild chiles:
Top with cheese:
Bake for 25-30 minutes in the preheated oven at 375 F until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center. Then, top with more chopped fresh tomatoes and chopped fresh parsley, and serve!
Queso Baked Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts , skinless and boneless
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 roma tomatoes chopped
- 4 oz mild green chiles
- 1 cup Chile Con Queso sauce , medium (I used Desert Pepper brand)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese , shredded, or, use Monterey Jack cheese, or Cheddar & Monterey Jack mix
- 1 roma tomato , chopped, for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley , chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place chicken breasts in a deep baking dish, like a casserole pan.
- Sprinkle chili powder, cumin, and salt over chicken.
- Top chicken breasts with half of chopped tomatoes and half of canned green chiles.
- Spread Queso sauce evenly over each chicken breast.
- Top chicken breasts with the remaining half of chopped tomatoes and canned green chiles.
- Top chicken with shredded cheeses.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 375 F for 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- Top with chopped tomato and chopped fresh parsley. Serve.
The nutritional information on this website is only an estimate and is provided for convenience and as a courtesy only. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site is not guaranteed. It should not be used as a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.